One of the largest bass I've taken ..on a 25 mph, sunny day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
The front that hit Merrill Wisc. with tornados last night made it to Houston this morning. Winds 20-25; a short blast of rain....followed by blue skies without a cloud in sight. Normally a "stay at home" day for me. My wife is travelling and most of my chores are done...so...I drove the 85 miles one way to my favorite FW lake anyhow.

I've never fished in that much wind for hours on end. I was rewarded with the bass posted below. I lost four more not too much smaller.

I won't be using mono for Carolina rigging ever again. I hadn't used mono for years...but foolishly filled a spare reel with 20 lb. mono. NEVER AGAIN...Two hook sets thrown by jumping bass. Darn! Never happens when I use braid.

Lost another fish at the boat due to leaving my long-handled net back home. I had a knee operation last week, so kneeling down low enough to bring the fish in with a normal net didn't work out. She was gone by the time I finished looking stupid.

All in all, time well spent in spite of the short stringer. I don't catch too many fat twenty inch long bass. regards, Rich

2011-04-11%2012.56.29.jpg

Latest posts