overboards 1654 FB TRACKER GRIZZLEY project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vahunter said:
Is that transducer mount a modified crutch? Great idea! That boat looks sweet! Great job on it!
you got it. it's the bottom of an aluminum crutch. like I stated in the earlier post, I also used this on another boat. seems to work very well.

1munford said:
nice boat, how stable is it? I've been looking at the grizzly's but have never been in one?
since it's 54" wide on the bottom, and a flat bottom, it's very stable.
I didn't put higher decks on like most builds do. the boat is set up mainly for drifting, trolling, and casting. the addition of the deck extension is to add some enclosed storage, and provide a front casting seat if I want to fish for crappies, bass, etc.
the one thing I really like about this boat is the VERSA TRAC. as you can see I really made use of it.

you made really good use of the versa trac.....i have a 1448 grizzly and was wondering how you mounted the pvc using the versa track? im assuming its for wiring?

I ran some of the wiring through it, and some of it is zip tied along it. used industrial velcro to attach it to the hull, underneath the TRAC. when I put some of the brackets on, they actually helped hold it in place.
probablly could have used the TRAC to hold the PVC in place, by adding some L shaped supports, or straight pcs. with a PVC bracket attached(facing inward), like was used for the light holders.

Yes, made the decks, with a little help from Vics time to bend the front deck extension. The small one the anchor mate sits on, is fitted into the 1/4" TRAC that the GRIZZLEYS have, and is braced to rest on the original deck. The two added decks didn't even need one hole drilled in the boat to install them. Here's a pic. of the front deck extension, before being installed.
If you should need aluminum sheet> Morris B. Glick, in Fleetwood.

Thanks for the =D> BR1. Gained a lot of the knowledge from others on here. Their posts really contributed to the thought process on how to go about this.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,159
Thanks. I want to extend my front deck for storage. I might copy your design.

Go right ahead, if you can figure it out! Heck even I forgot how I put half of it together. :lol: I flew by the seat of my pants figuring out how to make it, make it strong, make it so it didn't rest on just the hull itself, and secure it without drilling into the boat.
I tried to set it up more for the river, than for lake fishing.
What boat are you working on?

I'm from East Stroudsburg, married a girl from Palmerton, and currently getting divorced. Yeehaw more fishing time!

My Lowe 1448T is setup for lake fishing. i need to setup a basic wiring bus for Nav lights and bilge pump. I fish electric at Promised Land Lower Lake, and Hidden Lake in the DWGNRA. I venture up to Lake Wallenpaupack and occasionally the Delaware River.

Because Beltzville is close I fish it, but the heyday of walleyes is in the past. I like the Delaware River from the gap North.
The trailer I mentioned I'm working on is driving me nuts, but I'm getting there. Just ordered some 1/2x3x4 5/16" square u bolts off the internet, the local boat dealer didn't even have them listed in his catalogue.
Trout open, shad in, turkeys on Sat., walleye, and then the other projects that must be done sort of keep me busy! #-o

Latest posts