Owen Sound Ontario - 06/13/09 - Something New. W/ pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey guys, not much of a report. Went to Owen Sound, in Georgian Bay last weekend. Basically testing new waters. Well the luck wasn't very good and tried EVERYTHING in my arsenal. What I had come up with is that I was using the wrong style baits. The fish feed on Smelts rather than Alewife. The Salmon eat Alewife in Lake Ontario. We went for Salmon, Rainbow Trout (Steelhead) and Lakers. Well last resort because water was so clear was the leadcore and I put a Dreamweaver Super Slim spoon in the monkey puke color. About 40 minutes later I had the hit and the fish was hooked good, brought it in and it was a Lake Trout. My first Laker ever!

2 hours later I got a 10 inch Chinook Salmon. Then the rest of the day was crap so I packed up and left. I was running 7.5 colors out so thats about 225ft behind boat and around 35-40 feet running depth.

imgp3752.jpg

imgp3753.jpg

imgp3754.jpg

imgp3755c.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
Thanks for teh report - that is some really pretty water you were fishing. So bad about the wrong lures

Ya, it was too good to be true lol. First time at that time of year and area.

Loggerhead Mike said:
nice'n, i bet them taste good

sweet boat too

Thanks alot! They are good. I released this 1 thought, because its not really worth keeping just the 1 Lake Trout. The Salmon was too small.

FishinsMyLife said:
Pretty water and nice fish 8)

Thanks alot!

Congradulations on the lake trout...new species.
Seemed like a great day of fishing.
Way to go.

Zum said:
Congradulations on the lake trout...new species.
Seemed like a great day of fishing.
Way to go.

Thanks alot! It was an Alright day of fishing, only 2 fish and marked a whole lot of bait and fish though. Could have done better but I wasn't too prepared for the difference in forage.