Salmon Fishing, Lake Ontario 06/23/09 w/pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we decided to do some Salmon fishing on Lake Ontario to start locating fish for the big derby thats coming up July 11th - August 29th.

It was an extremely calm and hot day on the water. Bite was constantly on. We got fish on everything, downriggers with flasher and fly combos and dipsy divers with Gulp Saltwater cutbait and leadcore with spoons. We had basically the whole water column covered. Fished between 95-110ft of water and had the lead running around 35ft, dipsy at 40-45ft, downriggers at 70 and 80 feet. We boated 5 Salmon over 20lbs, and 6 Salmon 10-15lbs and 5 Steelhead 8lbs and over and the biggest Steelhead being 15lbs.

Here is the pics.

imgp3787w.jpg

imgp3790.jpg

imgp3788.jpg

imgp3789.jpg

nice catchin!

In looking at your second picture, it looks like you had one hooked on by the way the rod in the background is bent!

Waterwings said:
Nice catchin' ! 8)

Thanks alot! I had a blast!

russ010 said:
nice catchin!

In looking at your second picture, it looks like you had one hooked on by the way the rod in the background is bent!

Thanks alot! The rod on that pic is bent for tension on the downrigger weight so just incase a fish hits, thats pretty much an automatic hookset. I still reel down to the fish and set the hook anyways.

Nice fish and nice pictures.
Whats the boat doing in the last picture,,,releasing more foreign species?

Very cool, and nice fish. I know absolutely nothing about that type of fishing, but it interest me a lot. I hope you do well in the derby. Good Luck

I'll take one smoked shipped to Va. please... :D

Nice job!

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
Thanks alot!

Ya its a shame thats what the boat was doing. They had to put a steel plant and an oil refinery on Lake Ontario.

That stinks... I hope they keep their junk out of the water.

jkbirocz said:
Very cool, and nice fish. I know absolutely nothing about that type of fishing, but it interest me a lot. I hope you do well in the derby. Good Luck

Thanks alot! It is absolutely fun. Especially when you hook them 22+lbs when they take the 400+ foot runs and then do a 180 and swim towards you.

Andy said:
I'll take one smoked shipped to Va. please... :D

Nice job!

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
Thanks alot!

Ya its a shame thats what the boat was doing. They had to put a steel plant and an oil refinery on Lake Ontario.

That stinks... I hope they keep their junk out of the water.

Thanks man! Their great eating, I love them.

Other than the boats going through the lake, it is still pretty clean. The only thing I know of over in Lake Ontario is the Spiney water fleas that attach on the line when the water warms up and Lamprays. No goby's yet.