Salmon Fishing 06/27/09 - w/pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went Salmon fishing yesterday around 6am, water was rough blowing wind from North 25+km/h but managed to get fish with a 3-5ft wave. I got another 5 fish over 20lbs. Biggest being 26 and 23lbs. I got a fat 11lb Steelhead as well, 13lb steelhead but it was a skinny female. Kept 2 eater Chinook Salmon 9-10lbs and the 11lb Steelhead because it was going to die. Got the fish on Saltwater Gulp cutbait and flies.

Most of the action after came as the water calmed down.

imgp3796.jpg

imgp3798.jpg

imgp3799a.jpg

imgp3800.jpg

imgp3801.jpg

Boy that weather sure looks good. And you got a nice comfortable boat for it too.

Is that top photo the Steelhead? It looks like an immature Coho Hen. Maybe Steelhead are like that before they head up the streams. All the Steelhead I ever caught in the Pacific NW had some coler to the sides.
Bueatiful fish.

thudpucker said:
Boy that weather sure looks good. And you got a nice comfortable boat for it too.

Is that top photo the Steelhead? It looks like an immature Coho Hen. Maybe Steelhead are like that before they head up the streams. All the Steelhead I ever caught in the Pacific NW had some coler to the sides.
Bueatiful fish.

Thanks alot! The Lund Tyee models are phenominal for big water fishing, I have the 20ft version with a 225hp Opti.

I am sure the fish is a Steelhead. The coloration in the mouth is a giveaway, the mouth is all white inside. The Coho will have slight blackish gray in its mouth along the gums and abit on the tongue. They do look identical though.

What sort of tackle are u using to catch those big *** salmon? Do u troll or cast for them?

Salmon is one of my favorites. Nice tablefar

mr.fish said:
What sort of tackle are u using to catch those big *** salmon? Do u troll or cast for them?

Salmon is one of my favorites. Nice tablefar

Right now I troll for them off of downriggers. Come fall I cast off of piers at night or troll during the day. They fight like bats outta hell!