Perfect Timing For BPS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are free as you leave... actually picked up the Saltwater Catalog today at BPS in Indiana. Not sure why they are handing them out here #-o but neat to look at anyway.

I got my Cabelas Master Fishing 2008 today in the mail. Lots of great stuff in it too.

Lol, I must have been asleep at the wheel (keyboard) that day and did miss it, lol.

Been awhile since I've been to BPS, as it's 2 - 2.5 hrs from here to Nashville. Plus, gas has jumped back up to $2.99 here, so long trips are out for now :shock:

Now see, I'm spoiled I guess. BPS is about 10-15 minutes away to the west. Gander Mountain same distance only to the north. Cabelas is about an hour to the south, though I have never been in a Cabelas store before. I feel between BPS and GM I can get everything I need (or want) cheaper than at Cabelas.

There's a Gander Mtn located about 100 miles from me. but have never been there. When we make a trip we always go to BPS Nashville, plus it's co-located at the end of a huge mall, so we also roam around there also. You can walk the length of our so-called "mall" here in about 10 minutes, maybe less, lol.

alumacraftjoe said:
BPS about 2.6 miles from my house which is too close lol... my wife thinks it is really too close!

That would be scary living that close to a BPS, lol ! We went to the grand opening of the Clarksville store, and man it's a nice one! 2 stories tall, and has a Starbucks's!

I teach, so I have been off since the Friday before Christmas so I have taken the kids to the fish feeding a few times. It is a very nice store and the restaurant isn't bad either.

alumacraftjoe said:
I teach, so I have been off since the Friday before Christmas so I have taken the kids to the fish feeding a few times. It is a very nice store and the restaurant isn't bad either.

I teach also. We got out 12/20 and went back last Wednesday. It's tough getting back into the swing of things.

alumacraftjoe said:
my 11th year teaching PE and I also coach varsity baseball and 5th grade girls basketball.

Whew! You've got your hands full! We'll be at Deam Lake, IN this Saturday for an orienteering meet. Next event in February will be the Interscholastic HS Orienteering Championships at Athens, TX. 12 hrs on a bus :shock:

Waterwings said:
alumacraftjoe said:
my 11th year teaching PE and I also coach varsity baseball and 5th grade girls basketball.

Whew! You've got your hands full! We'll be at Deam Lake, IN this Saturday for an orienteering meet. Next event in February will be the Interscholastic HS Orienteering Championships at Athens, TX. 12 hrs on a bus :shock:

I fish Deam lake a little bit and take the kids to the beach there. 12 hours on a bus would probably be the end of me :) Took the team to play at Disney during spring break 2 years ago and the whole team flew while I drove. Couldn't afford to pay plane tickets for all four of us.. especially if I had to pay full fare for my 2 year old.

Full fare for a two yr old! Dang. :shock:

Last yr we went to Elkton, MD for the orienteering event. The 12 hr ride turned into 21 hrs after breaking down in MD about 200 miles from the destination. I was whooped before we got there. We take charter buses, but even that gets cramped after awhile.

Waterwings said:
In my 12th year of teaching jrotc. I had no gray hair when I started this job, lol :shock:

I had no grey when I started my tour as an RDC either. Wait a minute... You retired as a Master Chief... You had to have grey hairs.