Plywood on aluminum bench seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm_magic

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I am new to this forum. I have been lurking for a month or two and decided to join. I do have a question for you experienced modders. I have a 1232 Sears gamefisher that I am contemplating putting a plywood runner on the aluminum and then mount my swivel seats to that. I have seen several of your mods that have it like that but I cant really see any that explain it. Are you using sheet metal screws through the wood and seat or are you using some sort of wood screw. Any insight would be greatly appreciated and of course pictures are always welcome.

Thanks all

I believe the link below is what you are looking for? (he carpeted his but the installation is the same)

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18860&start=15

You can drill holes through the seat base and push carriage head bolts from the bottom them put the seat on and nuts, flat washers and lock washers.

Or you could screw the wood down and then screw the sears down through the wood and into the seat.

I haven't ever really messed with this, so this is just some opinion and may not be the best methods.

If you're just adding boards to the top to allow you to mount the seats then the toggle bolts are probably the way to go - they distribute the load to the underside of the aluminum well and are easy to work with.

I used "U-Nuts" typically used on cars to hold the fenders on - but I was attaching to an aluminum angle skeleton and not the original benches.

Latest posts