Polar Kraft 1651...Old Shock Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckweed

Reaction score
This is a old shock boat that was used to check fish populations by biologist. I purchased the boat this past winter after it had been sitting up for about 10 years. So far I have gutted it, applied steelflex to the bottom and painted it, floored it in 0.125 aluminum, and I added a trolling motor. I am going to try and attach some pictures to show the process. The boat has a 1991 40hp mercury, it took me redoing the carbs 3 times but it is running very good at the moment.IMG_5165.JPGIMG_5270.JPGIMG_5308.JPGIMG_5553.JPGIMG_5575.JPGIMG_5583.JPGIMG_5585.JPGIMG_5640.JPGIMG_5662.JPGIMG_5719.JPG
This is a lot of pictures but it kind of shows the process from start to where I'm currently at.

I did redo the trailer too. I replaced the tires, the wench, and the bearings. Removed the rust with a wire wheel, then primed and painted it. I also replaced the bunks and added all new ss hardware.IMG_5526.JPG