Post Picture of Your First Fish of 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
It isn't how much you make...it is how much you spend. That is verrrry true, too. rich
How True How True thanks man catch one for us Illinois Boys,that are only wishing for now,
Hey almost forgot to mention I use to live in Elgin then Carpentersville,worked on the highways in Chi town for a bit Kenndy/Dan Ryan ect: not far from Fox Lake

First house (1965) was in Hanover Park. Carpentersville was West a few miles. Sure wish I could buy the same 1,200 sq ft concrete slab, 3 bedroom house again...for $15,000.

Ha Rich

photo.jpg

My first bass of the year and out of my new tin as well! Not huge, but here she is! It actually got up to 64 today and I fished in short sleeves!
Jeff

Sweet Jeff.....

"and jealousy sets in as I see those warm temps in other parts of the country, but not here at home for me"
:mrgreen:

00 mod said:
photo.jpg

My first bass of the year and out of my new tin as well! Not huge, but here she is! It actually got up to 64 today and I fished in short sleeves!
Jeff

This is just wrong! Can I come visit until say May?

Sure, but its a fluke for sure! It only reached that high yesterday and today! I was unable to get back out today, but has been averaging in the low 30's for the last several months and then right back down by Tuesday! Wish I were a little further south and the season would never end! HAHA

Finally managed to catch my first of 2011 this morning. Actually caught three out of the same tree top. All three pounded the 4" green pumpkin Biffle Bug. I was really surprised when they surfaced and saw their size. I was expecting something about twice that big, but in the end it didn't matter because they put up a nice fight.

P1300245_Small.jpg

I am soooo jealous of you guys in the South! it is -16C here today and we are expectnig 30cm of snow in the next day or two! My boat has been in the garage since last October.

00 mod said:
Jeff

Nice catch Jeff. I'm out of memphis too. Where you fishing in the pic? I seem to stick to the local TWRA lakes (Glenn Springs & Herb Parsons) mainly because of the paved ramps and bait store right there. However, I do run the Hatchie River when the water goes up, great scenery.

I'm actually a member of a little(125 acres) hunt and fish club right over in proctor Arkansas about 5 miles north of Horseshoe! If you've been in Memphis for a good while you might remember it used to be public and had a swimming area. Its called Blue Lake!
Jeff

Nice. The problem I have here is there are nice lakes in AR and MS, but you've got to get an out of state license to fish. I'm going to go with one of them this year, probably MS. Will be hitting Sardis and Enid when the crappie start to bite.

Yea they are not to bad! tn= $28 a year/ ends 2/28 ar= $40 a year and is really a full year ms=$54.29/year

.:Crosby:. said:
I love florida

Hey man, see your location says, Bass Capital, Florida. Are you from Crescent City? They are called the Bass Capital Of Florida, or atleast thats what it says on the sign when you are going through town. I was there last weekend crappie fishin Crescent Lake.

First time out this season, first catch. I got overzealous and missed one on the second cast. But I collected myself and managed this one. Good way to spend lunch.
2011-02-18131253.jpg

dangit, I'm still waiting on my boat getting done so i can take it out and fish off it. I havn't had the time otherwise to go fishing... i have my salmon steal head, and sturgeon tags this year though, hopefully the boat will be done within a month or so... can't wait.