Post Picture of Your First Fish of 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as some of the other guys said, I am still fighting the 10-30 degree weather. We did have one day it was 52, but the lakes are still froze solid. Getting fishing fever. Cant wait to get out. You all had some good pics, congrats to all. Mine will be soon.

Went fishing this weekend with my dad. Was hoping to put him on some fish but im still new to the area and have only been fishing here a couple times before. Well not only was this the first fish of the year. Its the first fish out of my boat. And the only one so far. Any one fishing in the greater New Orleans area that can help me out with places to fish it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 310
That might not be the biggest or most exciting fish, but what a pretty fish!

Congrats on the first fish out of your new boat.

You Know said:
Went fishing this weekend with my dad. Was hoping to put him on some fish but im still new to the area and have only been fishing here a couple times before. Well not only was this the first fish of the year. Its the first fish out of my boat. And the only one so far. Any one fishing in the greater New Orleans area that can help me out with places to fish it would be greatly appreciated.

Nice little shellcracker (redear sunfish) ya got there. about another year he will be a nice fish. I love catchin shellcracker and gills down here in Florida. Dont fish for em much cause im chasin crappie all year but i always find couple times a year to go and fill the freezer with em. here is a pic of a few shellies and crackers i caught in July.

orange lake june 25 003.jpg

shamoo290.jpg

Well i got a wild hair and decided to walk to the pond on our property. There use to be a ton of perch and no one had fished it in about a year. I figured the perch would have taken over but there wasn't any to be seen. So I decided to throw a white beetle spin and see what i could pull out. Man was i surprised 6 little bass. So i guess my second "trip" went a little better.

All catch and release. The photos are in reverse order.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 296
I really like these fish photos! Y'all boys up north are hanging in there pulling them through the ice! I love that! Well, not bass here for me, but my first catch of the year - I can't really remember which one was the first of this group - limit here is 30 crappies per day:

Attachments

• IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    985 KB · Views: 290
Not my first of the year but it is my wife and daughter's firsts of the year. =D>

Attachments

• resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 276
  • resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 276
Quackrstackr said:
Not my first of the year but it is my wife and daughter's firsts of the year. =D>

Hey that's great Quacker.....especially with the family! =D>

Here's my first catch of the year. 2.64lb caught on a green pumpkin jig with craw trailer.

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 270
Here are two of our largest bass from our first trip this year. Dad's was 3-9 and mine was 2-8. His was caught on a rootbeer chartreuse fat shad, and mine was caught on the bluegill fat shad.

196977_207243332619112_174291959247583_830351_2657619_n.jpg
197382_207242502619195_174291959247583_830350_7325923_n.jpg

Also, check out the BYOB facebook page. We've had a few folks post photos of their catches with BYOB lures.

Matt

Actually by 2nd and 3rd fish of the season but here are a couple decent size brookies from the maury river(goshen pass) in va. 16 inches is citation for brook trout here in va so these are decent size. They are a little shriveled because I went for a couple hours while my primer was drying on my boat and didnt take the pics til i got to fileting them that night.
brookies.jpg

This was a team effort, my wife came out with me when I was using the cast net and we threw a couple of lines out with some large shiners I caught. This fish pulled the rod right out of her hands and into the water, thankfully this time we both had boots and she chased into the water after it...she caught the pole and fought the fish for a minute before shock set in and she didn't know what to do. She handed me the pole and I tried to hand it back, but she threatened to drop it #-o so I fought the fish for a couple of minutes and tried to convince her to finish the fight. Ultimately, she didn't have any interest and this kitty was landed. It was a pretty fun time catching this fish on 12 lb test and a medium action rod. I'm kind of thinking I might get stupid and buy a 6' light action rod and switch to 6 or 8# to catch these cats.

Attachments

• IMG00018-20110319-1740.jpg
    IMG00018-20110319-1740.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 255
Here's mine. First fish of the year, 2/3 through the ice, 17" pickerel
redfin.jpg

And here's the first fish of the open water season, 10"+ pre-spawn perch on 3/14
2011-03-14_16-33-00_162.jpg

Way to go Steve. My wife in down there right now. Says you've had one hell of a snow/sleet storm today. We're getting hit still. Probably 5 inches of snow already and it's still falling.

its been kinda cold and very wet sofar this year. But finnaly spring is here and its fishing time. Here is my first catch of 2011
sturg4.jpg

Latest posts