post spawn carp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Once again, last night kicked off one of my many sucessful bait, and catch carp extravaganzas of 08. Finally the carp are post-spawn in the river I frequent, and are once again ready to feed and provide drag ripping action right through the fall. This year, I decided to scout, and bait up some totally new random spots instead of my previous years honey holes. Well last night proved sucessfull, and I'm looking foward to many more. In about 2 hours of fishing, I landed 6 fish, and had one break off. My very first fish was only 3oz's shy of 22lbs, and the other 5, were in the 10-15lb range.

Rather then bore everyone with the same old carp pics, I will only post a pic of the biggest fish landed for that trip
21lber common.
Picture1335.jpg

Nice catching, that is a hefty fish in the picture. When do you want to give galena a shot? What kind of corn should I get for chumming?

Very nice Carp Mr. Fish, they make quite a commotion when they spawn, nice size but to tell ya the truth those cattys you catch :shock: WOW!!!!Very Very impressive.

Nice Catch man!!

A couple of weeks ago I ran up on a group of spawning carp!! They sounded like a bunch of rhinos flopping around in the shallows.

If I wanted to learn to catch these fish, where should I start?

I really miss carp fishing. I used to take some friends out that had not fished much and wanted to get them on some big fun fish, the carp always held up their side of the deal!

Nice fish, I may have carp fever once again!

Dave