Pressure Treated?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishnFlorida

Reaction score
Guys I ran into a bump. Is pressure treated 1/2 inch plywood okay? Or stick with the regular? :?:

FishnFlorida said:
Guys I ran into a bump. Is pressure treated 1/2 inch plywood okay? Or stick with the regular? :?:

I am not 100 percent sure, But I think you want to stick with regular, and poly it yourself.....Let me try to dig up some more info.

LOL! It will be easier for you to type pressure treated in the search box at the top and read the responses. After going through it all I'm still not sure! :LOL2:

Personally I would go with regular plywood and treat it yourself. It will be a lot lighter than treated plywood.

Pressure treated wood reacts badly with aluminum and rots(not the correct term) the aluminum away. Get regular and Thompson seal it :wink:

I used 1/2" MDO(Medium Density Overlay) plywood on my floor. It's what the highway dept. uses for outdoor signs. I primed it, painted with exterior paint, and carpeted it. It's more expensive than regular plywood, but less than marine grade. The Menard's near me stocks it.

Latest posts