project from downunder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a bit more on the boat over the week, cut the timber out for the deck, in the second pic is a mockup of where I,m going to fit the radio & speakers, & a pic of the livewell with light on ,,cheers jayson,,,

Attachments

• uyuuy.jpg
    uyuuy.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 500
  • df.jpg
    df.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 500
  • Picture 133.jpg
    Picture 133.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 500
got the carpet on the front deck, just waiting for the radio I,ve ordered to arrive to finish it off ...

Attachments

• Picture 139.jpg
    Picture 139.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 480
the front casting deck is finnished, the radio wont fit on the front panel, so I,m going to make a new side console & fit the radio to that,,,

Attachments

• Picture 149.jpg
    Picture 149.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 459
Ive been a bit slack & haven,t done much on the boat over winter hear in OZ ( it gets as cold as 25 deg c I think thanks about 75 f)burrrr had to put a shirt on one night,, :D anyway the tinny,s pretty much done

Attachments

• Picture 180.jpg
    Picture 180.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 431
  • Picture 181.jpg
    Picture 181.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 431
  • Picture 182.jpg
    Picture 182.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 431
  • Picture 183.jpg
    Picture 183.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 431
  • Picture 185.jpg
    Picture 185.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 431
  • Picture 184.jpg
    Picture 184.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 431
Very nice job...
Whats the outboard; mercury sea pro...__
Kinda curious why you used the "timber" and didn't go all aluminum.
Not that it really maters,looks great.

Zum said:
Very nice job...
Whats the outboard; mercury sea pro...__
Kinda curious why you used the "timber" and didn't go all aluminum.
Not that it really maters,looks great.
yeh the motor is a 25hp sea pro, I used timber because I got it for nothing, its strong & easy to work with
cheers,,,jayson

Jayson, Fantastic =D> =D> =D> You've done a marvelous conversion, something anyone would be proud to own. Nice console for stereo and other elctronics. =P~

That's a great looking fishing boat!! You've done excellent work with the aluminum and planing the conversion. Did you remove the center part of the foam from the seat. I've thought about doing that on a boat I'm working on but I'm concerned about losing the floatation.

thanks guys, the fish is a flathead, yes I did remove the foam from the seat but I added more floatation under the floor

Attachments

• Picture 192.jpg
    Picture 192.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 608
You have one nice ride mate. I am very curious to know how deep that canyon north east of North Stradbroke Island would be? Is the fishing good out there? What do they catch? It looks like there are some very deep cracks out there. I hope someday to come to your country, its a bucket list thing with me. Cheers :beer:

cheers bigwave, the channels around north staddie & moreton Islands arn,t all that deep & you really have to know that area well to fish there as its all shifting sand, moreton island which is the next one above staddie is the largest sand Island in the world & has some great sand hills you can slide down, fishing is good around that area ,with spieces like, bream, flathead, whiting, tailor, in the shallow areas, it is also good fishing in moreton bay, which is inbetween brisbane & the Islands, there are a few artificial reefs which hold good snapper,sweetlip, you even get tuna, mackrel,sailfish, in the bay, A lot of the bay is now green zones with no fishing aloud, to protect turtles & dugong, cheers,,jayson

Attachments

• bream-2.jpg
    bream-2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 601
  • Starlo_with_Tailor_(275-white)_4559.jpg
    Starlo_with_Tailor_(275-white)_4559.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 601
  • snapper_1.jpg
    snapper_1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 601
  • moretonbay_shipwrecks_te.jpg
    moretonbay_shipwrecks_te.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 601
  • ffhf.jpg
    ffhf.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 601
I like seeing those little/big aluminums in the salt water.
You'd be surprized how many people around these sites,think that the aluminum will fall apart(rust) if used in salt.
Any idea on ratio fiberglass to aluminum,where your at?

Any idea on ratio fiberglass to aluminum,where your at?[/quote]
offshore its around 50/50, but in the estuaries & salt water rivers (smoother waters) it,s proberly around 80% ali

jay72 said:
Any idea on ratio fiberglass to aluminum,where your at?
offshore its around 50/50, but in the estuaries & salt water rivers (smoother waters) it,s proberly around 80% ali[/quote]
Good to here.
I bet it's more like 85/15 fiberglass here(offshore)and inland might be closer but fiberglass is probably alittle ahead.people are changing though,especially with the price of gas,etc.

Latest posts