Project "Stress Free Zone"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA1dad

Reaction score
Greetings from South Carolina!

Well, my name has been on the title of this Starcraft boat twice. When I first bought it, it had a full windshied and dash where the front seat is now. It also had the classic back to back seats. Step one was to open up the front for fishing, not cruising. The boat came with a 55 hp, push button tranny motor with full controls. The motor was crapped out, so I ripped it off and replaced it with the tiller handled 25 hp. This was a fine fishing rig. Sat high on the water and was very stable. I really loved that two men could stand on one side without worries of tipping. And the high sides were a plus as I have a young daughter that could easily tumble out otherwise.

In a weak moment, I sold her and regretted it right away. To make it worse, the guy I sold it to is a friend and we still fished out of it. He enjoyed teasing me. Luckily, a year and a half later he got the urge to buy a pontoon and offered to sell mine back. I tripped all over myself getting to the ATM before he changed his mind. And guess what,,,,, he's regretting it now as the pontoon is not as convienent as this aluminum jewel. I don't think I'll be parting with it again.

The floor was soft when I first owned it. Now the floor is toast, with several rotted holes in it. So I've decided it's time to rip out the old floor and install a new one. This of course leads one to think "You might as well do some mods while you're at it". I'm not sure what to do yet. I've always liked the looks of Lunds. They look like true fishing machines. Any suggestions on layouts? How about built in storage? One key factor that I must keep in miond is I have no indoor storrage, so the floor and whatever else will be open to the elements unless tarped. Got any pics or a link to a similar project?

Thanks in advance,,,,,,, Jay

Attachments

• 102_3572.JPG
    102_3572.JPG
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 813
  • 102_3581.JPG
    102_3581.JPG
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 813
  • 102_3577.JPG
    102_3577.JPG
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 813
More pics

Attachments

• 102_3575.JPG
    102_3575.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 810
  • 102_3578.JPG
    102_3578.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 810
  • 102_3582.JPG
    102_3582.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 810
Your boat has so much potential, Im looking forward to seeing how your re build goes and what you end up doing with it.

Looks like your engine is a 1972 vintage - I have a johnson 20 HP 1972 vintage as a back up motor...

I sat down and did some research today, and I think this one will be may basic inspiration. A Lund 1625 Rebel. While my boat is not near as wide, I should be able to come up with a close interpretation of the rebel.

Attachments

• Rebel.png
    Rebel.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 740

Latest posts