props

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were allot closer, I'd might have been interested. Not that I really need another motor.

i did some math and the numbers i came up with would shave just over a hundred pounds off going with aluminum, i also found something that makes sense and doesent make sense concerning my maximum weight specs for my boat. there were two choices on transom height for my model, 16 and 20 inches, mines 16 with a 825lb capacity and the 20 has a 1000lb capacity. four inches of transom would make it safe to carry 175lbs more? you would think the distance from waterline to the gunwales being 4 inches more would be a logical reason but the only difference in both boats is transom height. and if you are interested in that motor im sure i could figure out a way for me to get it up to you to see and test it before any money being exchanged. something to think about if you or anyone else is interested???

I don't know the specifics of how they do the capacity test. I'd guess they start adding weight in a prescribed way, and the boat must maintain so many inches above the waterline. A 15" transom on many small boats would be the first place water will go over. Also, if tested with max outboard on stearn, it would already be closer. I'd bet some google searches could find some specifics.

One thing to add is that weight distribution can have as much of, or even a greater effect than weight alone.

Food for thought, fellas.

thjats some thing im having problem with but pulled out all old soak 2bys 7/8 ply old man put in boat 1 hoping 2/2alum &alum deck helps with that hopin by jan will beable to know all lets fish salt for now havbe deer callin my name!!!! [-o< [-o< [-o<

Latest posts