question about agm batteries.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogfisher

Reaction score
I have a couple of Exide Orbital batteries. I believe they are agm. From what I can tell they are dead though. I gave up on them a year ago and they've been laying in the garage for that time. I got a new charger that I figured i'd try em on but we'll see. My question is how come even though they put out as much cranking amps as a big lead acid, the amp hour rating is only 50 where the big lead acids i bought as trollers are 120? Is there a difference in the way they rate them? You think the charger with the "desulphercaterator" or whatever setting can bring em back?

AGM batteries will go until they stop, and then they stop, lol. There's very little voltage wane like with a lead acid battery. I've only ran mine out a few times, but they go 100% right up until they just die, they don't go downhill slowly over time. That might explain the amp hour ratings you're seeing.

mogfisher said:
You think the charger with the "desulphercaterator" or whatever setting can bring em back?

This function is strictly for flooded lead acid batteries.Using it on an AGM battery could cause them to explode.Please read the manual for your charger or contact the battery manufacture for more details.

Latest posts