Question about paint.....recommendations needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerfan88

Reaction score
I am currently finishing up the sealing process on my wood decking and am nearing the painting stage of my project. I built my decking from 1/2" marine plywood then sealed it using ClarkCraft epoxy resin. I am really liking how well the resin has sealed up everything. I highly recommend the epoxy resin from ClarkCraft ! Very easy to work with since it is a 1:1 mixing ratio and has a 30 minute working time.....good stuff ! I am trying to decide on what paint I want to use as my final finish. I know that there is no need to use primer as epoxy resin has excellent paint bonding properties on it's own. all that is needed is to lightly roughen up the surface.....clean then paint. I am thinking about trying the epoxy paint that is used to seal/paint garage floors but would like to hear what others have to suggest. rustoleum enamel is also high on my list. Let me hear your experienced suggestions please.

Anybody noticed a product made by BEHR paints at Home Depot called "Deck Over" ? This looks like it may be a great deck cover paint for a boat.

steelerfan88 said:
Anybody noticed a product made by BEHR paints at Home Depot called "Deck Over" ? This looks like it may be a great deck cover paint for a boat.

I saw that stuff but boy was it pricey!

You mean
the 100% advanced acrylic resin fused with the ceramic microshephes?
Read the label. In English that translates as latex paint with fine silica sand. You want that on your boat?

The copywriters are doing a fine spin job with that one.

I am not painting my boat. I am painting my marine plywood decking. The specs look good on it. It is UV resistant, waterproof, dries to a non-slip satin finish. It is made as a deck & porch paint so it should be very durable. I'm gonna' try it and see how it go's.

Latest posts