Rally..Get together???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BYOB Fishing said:
Whatever is decided, though, please keep in mind that alot of us who would like to attend have small boats with small motors, designed to fish small lakes. We don't necessarily like being around big boats, jetskis and 4ft swells on open water.

Just my thoughts...

Matt

+1

We didn't have any trouble with that at the Glen-L gathering in Alabama. Low n' slow were all around, while the Speeders had thier hi-speed runs for the Camera's out in the bigger water.
We'd better pick a lake that has shoreline for fishing, without a HP limit. No possible problems that way. :wink:

BYOB Fishing said:
S&MFISH said:
Two questions.
1-Are these HP restrictions nothing larger than;or larger than-NO WAKE speed?

2-Does Newton have a special permit that you must obtain to get on it,like so many of the smaller bodies of water over in the illustrious State of Illinois have?

If you have more than 25hp, then you can't run it at all. No permits required on Newton.

Matt

What would I do with the other hundred horses hanging on the back of my boat?

Truckmechanic said:
BYOB Fishing said:
Whatever is decided, though, please keep in mind that alot of us who would like to attend have small boats with small motors, designed to fish small lakes. We don't necessarily like being around big boats, jetskis and 4ft swells on open water.

Just my thoughts...

Matt

+1
X2

It's not a central location, but I vote Florida. You have something for everyone fresh water/ Saltwater, skinny water/ big water. I'm going to try to make it to the rally no matter where.

Crankworm said:
BYOB Fishing said:
S&MFISH said:
Two questions.
1-Are these HP restrictions nothing larger than;or larger than-NO WAKE speed?

2-Does Newton have a special permit that you must obtain to get on it,like so many of the smaller bodies of water over in the illustrious State of Illinois have?

If you have more than 25hp, then you can't run it at all. No permits required on Newton.

Matt

What would I do with the other hundred horses hanging on the back of my boat?

Electric motors are allowed. That's how the pros and TV shows that fish the lake operate.

BYOB Fishing said:

Matt

Let me get this right,For me to attend at Newton,I have to either-1.Spend over $1000 for a small engine that might not even work on my tall transom designed for a JET,or 2-Use all my battery power trolling everywhere.I can do that on a 50-75 acre lake,but not on anything larger.Unacceptable.

Take this into account guys-Back in the 80s we fished out of a 14ft semi-V with a 9.9(because it was all we had) at Lake of the Ozarks,TableRock,and Mark Twain Lakes all over 15000 acres,with big bass boats and pleasure boats buzzing around all day long, without having any troubles.It was a little rough,but you just have to stay off the MAIN lake.
Sometimes you just have to MAN UP.

S&MFISH said:
BYOB Fishing said:

Matt

Let me get this right,For me to attend at Newton,I have to either-1.Spend over $1000 for a small engine that might not even work on my tall transom designed for a JET,or 2-Use all my battery power trolling everywhere.I can do that on a 50-75 acre lake,but not on anything larger.Unacceptable.

Take this into account guys-Back in the 80s we fished out of a 14ft semi-V with a 9.9(because it was all we had) at Lake of the Ozarks,TableRock,and Mark Twain Lakes all over 15000 acres,with big bass boats and pleasure boats buzzing around all day long, without having any troubles.It was a little rough,but you just have to stay off the MAIN lake.
Sometimes you just have to MAN UP.

:mrgreen:

As far as fishing Newton goes, it was simply a suggestion; Albeit a little out of the way for 90% of the board members. I'm more of an advocate of a smaller lake that has less "non-fishing related activities" in order to better cater to the average size and power of most tin rigs.

As for MANNING UP, I'll be sure to tell that to my wife and 5-yr old when they are soaked and freezing after a 5 mile run across open water... :) :) Please keep in mind, some people will also have family/children with them. I know that safety and comfort will be MY top priority. At least, if I have those two things in mind I stand the chance of being able to attend the following year too!! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. Added a bunch of smiles so that everyone knows I'm not trying to start an argument/debate/rant etc..... :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I'm sorry.I didn't mean to offend you.
I guess it's just because of my age,I've learned over the years what to do and what not to do while fishing bigger water.I don't get soaked,because I never leave the ramp without my rain suit on unless it's over 80degrees.The most uncomfortable thing to do is spend the day on the water soaked because of an errant wave over the bow.I've been there and done that ,a few times.Like I said earlier,we used a 14 footer for 10 years without problems,usually fishing 3 adults at a time.
All I'm saying is small restricted lakes leave some of us out.

Her is a thought... look at the Crab Orchard Wildlife refuge it is about 70 miles west of ky lake you have your choice of lakes to fish.
Crab orchard has unlimited horse power a lot of grass great top water action that time of year. plenty of bays to get away from the bigger boats.
you also have Devils Kitchen lake that has a 10hp limit it is a deep lake that has trout in it as well as bass. and a 3rd choice of little grassy another 10 hp lake with plenty of grass to fish.
then about 20 mils from that is Kincaid lake that is unlimited..
you would need to get the user permit to fish the refuge lakes as well as the license.
rend lake is about 40 miles north of there and is unlimited hp

If it is close enough to me that I don't have to spend all my gas money driving there I will bring my tubes along for anyone that wants a pull. :D

Found this about Crab Orchard....Small world I am not but 3 hrs from there and never heard of it.......JIGGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTj-cY-Ulis