Redfish Limits at Delacroix

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thad.

Reaction score
Two friends and I went down to Delacroix today. Conditions were bad- super low tide and strong winds.
We had to hunt to find some relatively clean water (most of it was like chocolate milk) but when we did we caught our 15 reds pretty quick. All were 21-27 inches.

Can you say "Redfish on the Half Shell"?
=D>

It was a miserable day right up until the very end. I am windburned beyond belief and it was collllllllld.

I was feeling pretty bad because I had 4 (picked up here and there) and the guys who graciously invited me only had one each, that they had caught at the very first stop that morning. I was definitely gonna catch my limit but I wanted them to get theirs, too. I got us on 'em and stuck the spear and we caught 'em until we were tired of catching them, keeping the prettiest 15.

I caught the last three of the first four with unconventional tactics. We were trolling down the shoreline casting right up to the shore which is typical redfishing and it was making for a long day. I tried something different. I cast out at a 45 degree behind the boat and trolled- put out just enough line and holding my rod up so that my tandem Bayou Chubs just lightly skimmed the oyster shell bottom. My bait never left the water until I was grassed up or hooked. It just gave the fish more time to find the lure in super dirty water.

Remember- you can't catch fish if your lure isn't in the water!
:LOL2:

I gave them some Chubs and they tried that but couldn't hook up. Fortunately we found an oyster bed that was holding them finished up our limits and a great day.

Nice catchin!! I received your text to late and forgot to text you back. Did you see a blue Triton with a Tee top and a Honda motor fishing down there?

I was going to take lots of pictures and videos. My EVO does pics up to 8 mp and hi def video. I even went out the night before and bought a 12v adapter so I could recharge my phone on the boat.

I brought everything but my phone.
Aaaargh!
:?

I brought everything but my phone.

Then, could this thread be a big lie. :---)

Did I tell you about the stringer of 6 bass I caught in my bathtub last week? They were all in the range of 6-8 lb. The weather was great, and I had full toilet amenities. :LOL2:

Seriously....great catchin'

LOL.

All you have to do is read the fishing reports from Delacroix that week to see that everyone who had a clue was catching limits.

Latest posts