Removing Boat Striping

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowe

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to remove boat striping and lettering? I was thinking maybe a heat gun and razor blade, but also wondered if there were any chemical solvents that would do the job also. Any information is appreciated. Thank you

If you use a heatgun, use a rounded putty knife, not something sharp that will gouge the paint & hull. They do make a spray-on decal remover, NAPA used to carry it, so you might check at the auto pats store.

ST

Thanks SlimeTime. The hull has never been painted on this boat and the Lowe stickers are the factory ones when the boat came off the showroom floor.

3M adhesive remover is what we use in the auto world to remove any type of decal,sticker,or double back tape to hold on trim.It is only a few dollars at most auto parts stores and paint shops.

heat gun + plastic razor blade is what we use on the cars here

also theres a chemicle called "hot solvent" its in our detailing dept. stuff works awsome on getting glue off, also great for gettin grease and what not off the interior of ur car. hell it works great for everything sorry i cant give you a link on where to get some

I think I have seen that at the auto parts store. Is it in a sorta yellow bottle, or is that the color of the material?

Latest posts