Richline Reno

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonewso

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Picked up what I think is a Richline 14 footer. Will be getting her ready for Pensacola Bay. I have a long shaft (20 inch) 2-stroke 15hp Mercury that I used to have on a sailboat. My question is should I build up the transom height since it needs rebuilt or should I buy a jacker to get the height I need? I'm getting her ready for a paint job also.
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG
At the rear corners I need to remove these supports to install a new transom. Should I drill out the rivets and use open pop rivets to put them back in place? Thanks everyone. Glad to be aboard.
IMG_1155.JPG

Personally I would use a Jacker. But in the picture where your tape measure is on the motor that's not where you want it flush with the bottom of the boat your actual cavitation plate right above the prop you want that flush with the bottom of the boat. So looks like you need to move up about 8 inches.and for the rivets yes I would drill those and just put open pop type back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK everyone. I've stripped her down and painted her.Boat.JPG

Picked up a 20hp Tohatsu 4 stroke.Motor.JPG

I'm wondering if my transom will be strong enough. It is only one sheet of 3/4 ply. It does have another piece of 3/4 ply on the outside of the transom but I don't think that piece adds much. The motor weighs 121 lbs.

One thing I considered was doubling up my 3/4 plywood sheet and moving the mounting brackets forward 3/4 to accommodate. Do you guys think it would be OK as is, or worth it to modify?

I would reinforce it with the extra ply. It obviously will stay much drier on the inside. You might want to consider adding extra knee braces, one on each side to stiffen it up.

Latest posts