Rod racks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark3

Reaction score
Does anybody have good ideas in regards to the storage of rods, oar, and net?
I cringe at the thought of my rods or reels hitting the boat and I'm not really diggin where they are now.(see picture)
I would like to mount the oar and net in a way that it wouldn't slam around when blasting across chop and wouldn't be a casting hazard. [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398729084987.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398729084987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398729084987.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 510
Maybe mount some horizontal pvc on the seat for the butts to go into and a little bungee to hold the reels towards the pvc so they dont slide out and some pvc on the next seat for the rods to slide into first.

for the paddle:
https://www.basspro.com/SeaSense-Paddle-Keeper-Brackets/product/10205464/

BPS also has several different types of rod holders, some are vertical some are hortizontal.

I love vertical rod racks. Only way to keep my 9' catfish rods

I used vertical PVC rod holders mounted behind the benches on my old 1436. I mounted my oar to the hull with some industrial Velcro. If you do that, just make sure to use the soft side on the oar since you don't want to hold onto the rough side when paddling.
Rod Saver straps mounted on the top outside of the benches would work for holding the rods.