SeaArk SuperJon 1872MV Tunnel Remodel (All Pics on Pg1)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont know about stealflex !but airboat hulls comming out witha new coating . that replaces polemer if spelt wright ! will get name maker and will poat it. seen it on air boats sliding on pavement! plus have a hard time grinding it off once aplyed to hulls :idea: will list how to get it soon!

hsiftac said:
What do you plan on doing with all the whole boat now that you are going to have the console so far forward? Will you have a leaning post/bench to sit on while steering?

I'm thinking about using a butt seat right behind the console. As far as the room left over I plan on using it for seating, grilling, card playing, cooler placing, and extra fishing buddy storage.

Started sanding...Think i'm going to get myself a 2nd DA and a 2nd helper to get this done...its a messy job. Everything in my garage is coated in brown paint dust. #-o

21.jpg

Wow...that was a dirty dirty dirty job....but we got it done. 4 guys with 4 sanders took about 3 hours to get it stripped down. Now its time for an acetone scotchbrite scrub bath and then some sealer.

22.jpg

hsiftac said:
Looking good what color is it gonna be?

I'd love to keep it this battleship grey color but I think I'll be going the "khaki tan" color...it will hide the river scum line better. Grey would require me to clean it everytime i got off the river.

Thanks...yeah the MN river is like fishing in watered down chocolate milk.

I did have a really nice vision of keeping the Grey then using the lettering style the Navy uses for my DNR Registration numbers...

aussie%20navy%20ship.jpg

But I thought it might be hard to keep clean and come off too "tactical" for my wife tho. She wasnt thrilled with the boat when I brought it home and it was all camo'd out. So i am trying to make it semi-tactical looking/but clean looking enough to double as a pleasure boat too so she will come with me from time to time. lol.

I actually dropped off the khaki colored sample I have at the PPG dealer yesterday. He should have it ready for me tonight. Hope to have it painted and flipped back over by the weekend.

That's a great looking paintjob! Better than factory.

Now, I know this is a dumb question, but exactly what is the purpose of the tunnel in the hull? Are they designed this way to run outboard jet units, or do they allow for less draft with a prop drive? I haven't done much research on these boats, in fact, the pictures of your boat is the first good look I've gotten at one. Now my curiosity is peaked!

So it DOES work for a prop drive. That's the answer I was hoping to hear, as I thought about modifying the hull of my Triton in this manner, but I wasn't sure if it would work.

In theory, I would also think that a tunnel could be modified in such a way that the foot of the outboard would almost be flush with the bottom of the boat. Of course, to have this much tunnel, you'd probably have to start it almost at the bow, and taper it back. Has anyone tried this?

Great looking boat. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

PSG- Look at the "Texas Flats Cats". They are exactly what you're talking about. Super shallow running outboard boat used down here on the gulf coast.

Thanks for the compliments...we got the 2nd and final coats on last night! I'm super excited to be done with this part and get it flipped back over. I'm sick of looking at it upside down.

2011-12-29_23-41-01_761.jpg