SeaArk SuperJon 1872MV Tunnel Remodel (All Pics on Pg1)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint is turning out very well. Looks like you have a great space to work on it too. If you get the chance post a few of the shop. I'm envious for sure.

shop is a disaster since gutting began. I'll post shop pics once I'm able to clean it up a bit. One corner is completely full of gutted parts.

However heres a sneak preview.
198968_1451289422162_1831070086_817215_4930223_n.jpg

:wink:

Compared to my shop, in terms of cleanliness....yours looks like a hospital operating room!

Of course, it's impossible to keep a welding shop clean for very long, with grinder dust, welding fume accumulation and fallout, and then the dust from being on a dirt road to begin with, I do the best I can, but it's usually a mess.

Again, that's a very professional looking paint job! Outstanding work.

lowblazah said:
shop is a disaster since gutting began. I'll post shop pics once I'm able to clean it up a bit. One corner is completely full of gutted parts.

However heres a sneak preview.

Only way to clean that up would be a Patriots Mat :mrgreen:

Ride_Klein said:
Great looking boat. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

PSG- Look at the "Texas Flats Cats". They are exactly what you're talking about. Super shallow running outboard boat used down here on the gulf coast.

I checked them out. Pretty cool. Theirs is a catamaran design, but it's pretty much the image I had in my mind of what it would look like.

Another advantage of creating the tunnel.....you could build up the inner hull to be the level of the top of the tunnel, which would definitely be high enough to have a true self-bailing deck with massive scuppers.

And the massive space underneath being filled with foam, would result in a totally unsinkable shallow water boat, with enough flotation that even with a heavy load, would only draft mere inches.

:idea: :twisted: :idea: Oh, man.....I got a feeling that 16 foot Triton might be getting introduced to Mr. circular saw and Mr. spoolgun!

It won't be right away, but it's definitely something to put on the back burner and think about doing at some point in the future.

PSG-1 said:
Compared to my shop, in terms of cleanliness....yours looks like a hospital operating room!

This pic was taken before the boat project started. picture the workbench loaded with crap and everything coated in brown paint overspray ;)

I'm not sure about a Patriots rug. I know you can find a Ram rug on discount or they might even pay you to take it.

Macattack said:
I'm not sure about a Patriots rug. I know you can find a Ram rug on discount or they might even pay you to take it.

I think my vikes may be paying folks to take theirs as well after the horrific year we have had.

Well its right side up again!

26.jpg

I invited 10 guys over to help me flip it hoping 5-6 would show up...instead I had 9 guys show up and we had it flipped and back in the shop in about 5 mins.

Now on to the mess that is the interior....

Awesome find on the rig and the console..

That thing is gonna be a river machine!!

Id be careful with that Vikes rug.. with the year we had it might be best to use it as a door mat :)

Canoeman said:
Id be careful with that Vikes rug.. with the year we had it might be best to use it as a door mat :)

You should see it now after a full season in the shop...it aint quite as perty.

fool4fish1226 said:
Nice find why in heck would someone throw that out

He bought a mud motor to convert his 20'Ark to a monster duck boat. Therefore he was selling the outboard with all the rigging, but his listing said everything was hooked up to a sea ark center console that was sitting on his garage floor. So curiousity got the best of me and I called to see if he'd be willing to sell me just the console...he was honestly shocked that someone was calling just for that and would be more than happy to basically "give" it to me.

Playing with the layout. I want to get the console as far forward as I can but I'm not sure how much I like the "look" of it. My ultimate goal is being able to captain the boat as far forward for increased visibility at night and also leaving as much of the open floor space open.

28.jpg