SeaArk SuperJon 1872MV Tunnel Remodel (All Pics on Pg1)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night after I got home and threw the cut out platforms for my tanks in.

40.jpg

Threw the floor back in (will rivet it down later)...And lastly I "installed" my new trash can ;)

39.jpg

reinforced the aluminum panels with some aluminum angle to allow a full gas tank to sit on them without bowing them. Also cut some holes to get them out a little easier.

41.jpg

Might play with the rear lids tonight to see if I can get them in place.

Awesome. Just curious because I bought a brand new boat last year and took the aluminum floor off and weatherstripped the ribs to prevent rattling, I hate unneeded noise :)

Didnt have much time last night but I did set the lids in place to give an idea how they will look...These will be vinyl'd along with the top of the rear bench.

42.jpg

Braced them up with some custom bent angle. Had to shave the one side down to accomodate for the platforms in the rear corners.

43.jpg

Anyway...they're strong now...I bounced on them last night while in place and they didnt even flex. Going to install them on the hinge tonight hopefully.

vahunter said:
Awesome. Just curious because I bought a brand new boat last year and took the aluminum floor off and weatherstripped the ribs to prevent rattling, I hate unneeded noise :)

I missed this comment. I did this exact same thing before I laid this floor back in. Every stringer got weatherstripping applied to the top of it. (Wish I would have gotten a pic but I was in a hurry to get the floor back in.)

Alright...what do you guys think? This is the vinyl anti-skid flooring Mari-Deck that I am planning on using.

TAN or Camo?

9colorswatch.jpg

I was thinking Tan but it looks like it would be really light in color and the MN river is a muddy *******. Hence the idea of switching to the camo color. I have larger samples coming to see what they look like in person.

Camo is my choice as well. I painted the inside of my boat with a grey and it looks horrible after about 5 minutes with the Texas mud. Have to wash the whole thing out before it is presentable again. My only concern with the camo would be heat with the sun beating down on it.

Ride_Klein said:
Camo is my choice as well. I painted the inside of my boat with a grey and it looks horrible after about 5 minutes with the Texas mud. Have to wash the whole thing out before it is presentable again. My only concern with the camo would be heat with the sun beating down on it.

Thats what I'm scared of...the Minnesota river is a muddy muddy mess sometimes. The tan is my first choice but I'm thinking its not dark enough to cover up the muddy footprints and catfish poo/slime. The camo seems to have more dark breakup colors to it which might hide that better.

Latest posts