SeaArk SuperJon 1872MV Tunnel Remodel (All Pics on Pg1)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
59.jpg

58.jpg

I'm going to try like hell to get this to the dealer by Thursday to get the motor system checked and rigged properly!

That means alot has to happen...including getting the main floor vinyled, console mounted, motor on...then getting it over there before I go test my luck at trout fishing in Iowa this weekend. (no boat needed for that)

Hey low, that black paint looks killer, I have been following you mod and you have done one hell of a job. What are going to power that thing with?

Its actually Herculiner. The top rail was already taking a beating from going in and out of it and rubbing stuff across it, so I had to do something. Once I get my black SeaArk Decals back on I think I'll like it alot more...but right now it hasnt fully grown on me.

Motor will be this...

ETEC.jpg

So I got about 3/4 of the way through finishing the main floor vinyl last night, but I ran out of friggen glue! what a bummer. and since it has to be a solvent based outdoor carpet glue, I have to take a 30 mile trip to a mom and pop shop to get more. (lowes and HD doesnt carry it). ARGGGGGHHH

lowblazah said:
So I got about 3/4 of the way through finishing the main floor vinyl last night, but I ran out of friggen glue! what a bummer. and since it has to be a solvent based outdoor carpet glue, I have to take a 30 mile trip to a mom and pop shop to get more. (lowes and HD doesnt carry it). ARGGGGGHHH

Gotta hate when stuff like that happens. But it's looking good! You're almost ready for the water.

Man, that vinyl looks good!

I noticed you have a fishing seat at the console. On a long ride, there isn't much support for your back with that seat. I think about this kind of thing, because I have a screwed-up sciatic nerve, doesn't always bother me, but if I have to drive any distance in a vehicle, or if I'm sitting down for a long time, it's a real PITA...literally.

A swing-back seat would be perfect, but the problem is, most of those swingback seats are well over 3 feet wide, and they are suited for big center console fiberglass boats. I thought about a swing-back seat when I first did my jetboat, but the width was an issue.

Too bad they don't make a small one, about 2 feet wide, that would be perfect for center console tin boats like ours.

Hey Low, What exactly is that vinyl that you put on your deck? Is it carpet? It looks killer by the way. It kinda looks like commercial grade dust catcher that you would see in an entrance way of a business.

Thanks guys!

PSG-1 said:
I noticed you have a fishing seat at the console.

yeah, there isnt much for long rides were I'm at. I live 4 blocks from the river access. So the furthest I'm running is 5-7 miles. I didnt even want a seat in there but figured I'd put something there to put my butt on when I am running the longer distances. If I change my mind and want to put something in there with back support that should be pretty easy.

bigwave said:
Hey Low, What exactly is that vinyl that you put on your deck? Is it carpet? It looks killer by the way. It kinda looks like commercial grade dust catcher that you would see in an entrance way of a business.

Thanks...I like this stuff alot! https://marideck.net/products.htm

vahunter said:
I like that vinyl! How is it on barefeet in the hot sun? What did it cost to do your boat?

I dont know yet...lol...but I bet its gonna be somewhat warm. for 6'x21' it was $270 shipped. Plus they sent about 3 lineal ft of extra.

Nice! What's your first impressions on the vinyl? Is it difficult to work with?

Did you/can you wrap it around edges very well?

I've always wanted to do vinyl in my boat, but I worry about getting it to wrap around hatches.

hsiftac said:
looks awesome, any plans for rod holders?

Thanks! Yeah, I have 8 Scotty bases that I am planning on locating around the sides and rear of the boat. Location as to where is still being worked on as I am trying to make them as inconspicuos as possible.

dyeguy1212 said:
Nice! What's your first impressions on the vinyl? Is it difficult to work with?

Did you/can you wrap it around edges very well?

I love it so far...seems really durable. It wraps fairly easy...I did use a blowdryer along the bends to make it a tad more plyable so it would lay flat and adhere nicely.

62.jpg

They're LED. Some guy who builds signage was offering them up for free on one of our local fishing forums. I grabbed 3, however I dont think I'll need any more than one...LOL.