SeaArk SuperJon 1872MV Tunnel Remodel (All Pics on Pg1)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have one killer rebuild. I just purchased an old Sea Ark 1860 cc and would love to do a rebuild on her. I am seriously wanting to put some storage access under the bow deck and have considered putting my gas tanks under there as the previous owner already has the tanks moved to the edge of the platform now. How much substructure did you run into when you cut the deck out and is it all full of foam? Also where did you get your access panels from.

Thanks

CountryRN said:
You have one killer rebuild. I just purchased an old Sea Ark 1860 cc and would love to do a rebuild on her. I am seriously wanting to put some storage access under the bow deck and have considered putting my gas tanks under there as the previous owner already has the tanks moved to the edge of the platform now. How much substructure did you run into when you cut the deck out and is it all full of foam? Also where did you get your access panels from.

Thanks

Thank you! Theres alot of sub-structure there...I had to cut through a fairly large support on the front deck and remove A LOT of foam. it felt super weak after I did it...almost to the point of regret. However once I put the Tempress Hatch in and secured it down it really stiffened it back up.

I was originally looking at the 1860 CC model but it was just too narrow for me. Good luck!

Hey Low, great work...very clean build and well thought out. Good skills with the welder too.
With the console up front, it looks like it rides pretty flat. Great Job =D>

On you back seat, did you remove all the foam? I'm thinking of putting hatches for added storage just don't want to lose all my foam, do they make any inserts that work with he hatches?

You Know said:
On you back seat, did you remove all the foam? I'm thinking of putting hatches for added storage just don't want to lose all my foam, do they make any inserts that work with he hatches?

Yes...the back section that had the hatches cut in it is now foamless.

lowblazah said:
You Know said:

Yes...the back section that had the hatches cut in it is now foamless.

Careful, the foam cop might get word about this. :roll:

When my boat grows up, it wants to be just like this. Congrats =D>

LMAO, my sentiments, as well!

It was the same way with my Triton 1650SC when I did the front deck modification. I hated to remove foam, and I tried to put it back where I could, but I simply had to change the configuration of my boat, to fit my specific requirements, so, foam or not, I got it done.

Great work,well thought out.
Really like the way the boat has the ribs going both directions;super solid.

Finalized the deal on an 1872 myself and will be repowering. How fast does that 90 push it? How well does that whale tail help in keeping the bow down and lastly, how are you liking that Etec?

Badbagger said:
Finalized the deal on an 1872 myself and will be repowering. How fast does that 90 push it? How well does that whale tail help in keeping the bow down and lastly, how are you liking that Etec?

I can get about 33-35mph. I put the whale tail on to do the opposite when on plane. It allows me to get the nose up and out of the water...before hand I could run about 27-28mph...now I am in the low to mid 30's.

Lastly the Etec is probably the smoothest, quietest, most efficient 2-Stroke outboard I have ever owned. It barely uses any oil, and I can go a long long ways on 6 gallons of gas.

Thanks, in your opinion is it worth spending another grand for the 115 Etec? I can get a 90 for $6600 and a 115 for $7600 brand new.

Latest posts