Shimano Curado and Shimano Citica - Being Discontinued

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, I wonder what they will come out with to replace them. I have yet to buy a shimano baitcaster, but my next one will either be shimano or daiwa. I was thinking about a curado for a while....oh well too late.

I was wondering when this was going to happen, taking one of the best reels for the buck(curado/$99.00) and taking it up to 199.00, They should bring the $99.00 version back.

I've never bought a new one, but i've got one of either of these. One of the older green curados and a newer model citica. I love them both. I use the citica for throwing jigs/c-rigs...and the curado for cranks/SB/etc and its awesome. I haven't got a complaint about either of them. Sure hope they dont discontinue them, or at least come out with new models of each one because i'd say the Curado is the number one used B/C on the market if I were guessing....as far as bass fishing anyway. [-o<

200 bucks for a 9 oz reel thats what happen ;) I have a curado SF great reel paid 150 for it and it weights 8.5 oz when they released the new I thought they would they went crazy. 200 bucks for a low profile reel that weights 9.5 oz :shock: :shock: :shock: .. well I buy stx's now instead of the curado.. I saw the other day BPS had them for 150, but I would rather have an sx

Talked to a Shimano Rep today and he said the reason they are discontinueing them is the lack of sales starting with the green Curado. It was like pulling teeth to get any information out of him, I had to chase him out the store and into his mini-van, than he just clicked his seatbelt and drove off, seemed like he didnt want to hear any suggestions.

Pricey yes, but to be fair you have to compare the 100 size Curado D to the Revo, the 100 size is listed at 7.4oz. I think the D is overpriced but I got the one I have slightly used for $130 to my door last year, the Chronarch mg is a sweet little reel weighing a svelte 5.4 oz. I picked up a used one for $175, that's the same price I paid for a brand new STX but both were worth it considering the STX is almost 9oz and not as well balanced(heavy on the gear side). All that being said, I never considered buying a new Curado D because of price, I can't wait to see what comes out. Still, it's Zillion time for me next time around!

I asked the rep. what they were going to replace them with and he said nothing, didnt understand that :?

Nickk said:
Pricey yes, but to be fair you have to compare the 100 size Curado D to the Revo, the 100 size is listed at 7.4oz. I think the D is overpriced but I got the one I have slightly used for $130 to my door last year, the Chronarch mg is a sweet little reel weighing a svelte 5.4 oz. I picked up a used one for $175, that's the same price I paid for a brand new STX but both were worth it considering the STX is almost 9oz and not as well balanced(heavy on the gear side). All that being said, I never considered buying a new Curado D because of price, I can't wait to see what comes out. Still, it's Zillion time for me next time around!

Well I can't say I total agree with you, the Curado D 100 line capacity is 10/105 compared to the STX 12/140 that is a huge difference and to boot I can get the revo premiere that 6.3 oz and only cost 10 bucks more new and holds more line..

Thx
X

Latest posts