Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted my aluminum bow eye, layed out my poling platform, console and set my motor to figure out how much tunnel will be actually under the transom. Once I get the float pods ordered and welded on I can finish the tunnel. It will extend past the transom and between the sponsons. I am pretty happy with how light it is even with the motor on it. I can't wait to get it in the water to see how it drafts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364938834.135809.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364938847.635072.jpg

Looking good, =D>

Cutting the hull and transom out to fab the tunnel is going to pretty cool. How deep will the tunnel be and where will it start from midship? I know you said it’s going to extend out between the sponsons/float pods.

Country Dave said:
Looking good, =D>

Cutting the hull and transom out to fab the tunnel is going to pretty cool. How deep will the tunnel be and where will it start from midship? I know you said it’s going to extend out between the sponsons/float pods.
The tunnel per specs should be 20" long and 16" wide at bottom/14" wide at top with 45 degree sides so where the jet foot sits 12" back from the transom I should have to cut out 8" of the bottom of the hull and however deep the tunnel is at that point. I am going to have the tunnel cut out of 1/8" sheet and take it to my buddies shop and have it bent in a sheet metal break and find out where it sits in correlation to the hull. I plan on welding the sponsons on first, then figuring out how the tunnel/splash plate will fit past the transom/hull bottom and between the pods. The pods/tunnel will come together as a unit like an extension of the hull.

This is definately one of the coolest boats on this site, great work can't wait to see it finished. You may have already mentioned it but what area of the coast do you fish?

Lonestarluck said:
This is definately one of the coolest boats on this site, great work can't wait to see it finished. You may have already mentioned it but what area of the coast do you fish?
Port Mansfield to Sabine so far but mostly the middle Texas coast. My buddy and I are hitting some back lakes on Friday near Port O'Connor for some trout, redfish and flounder hopefully.
This boat has been in the planning stage for nearly a year, I am glad to finally put some substance to my thoughts! I think you guys will like the end product when it comes around. It is not the most expensive or extravagant tin but it will be one of a kind. I am drawing up my custom float pods and getting them ordered next because the next step is getting it all welded up and then fabbing and cutting out the tunnel then having my buddy weld that. In the meantime I suppose the deck hatches are in the works. After the pods are welded on, tunnel is done it is time to set the console and getting the inside of the hull lined and coating the bottom and sides.
More to come...

Found a great deal on some Tempress hatches. Two 11x15" and three 13x30" for $220...couldnt pass it up!
Should be getting the tunnel and pods welded on pretty soon then its on to Ultra Tuff on top and GatorGlide on bottom and sides.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365784717.587912.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365784729.354129.jpg

Country Dave said:
Looks cool, 8)
That is a great deal. I’ve been looking for a poling platform but haven’t found one yet.
There are a few for sale down here but im sure you wouldnt drive to Texas for one. Youd think Florida would be full of them.

bigwave said:
I would check these guys out.......www.qualityttops.com They do very good work......highly recommend.

Thanks Kevin,

If I can find a decent used one that will work or one that I can modify and the price is right I’ll buy it. Otherwise I’m just going to fab one myself and have my friend help me weld it. I’m thinking square tube and white powder coat. :mrgreen:

Country Dave said:
bigwave said:
I would check these guys out.......www.qualityttops.com They do very good work......highly recommend.

Thanks Kevin,

If I can find a decent used one that will work or one that I can modify and the price is right I’ll buy it. Otherwise I’m just going to fab one myself and have my friend help me weld it. I’m thinking square tube and white powder coat. :mrgreen:
That is all you need! It would be hella cheap and still functional and surely you would make it look good after seeing your previous work.
Just got done marking my cutouts for the hatches, made a few changes and here is what it looks like...I made the rear hatches open towards the front so I can get up in there easily and access my motor mounting bolts, bilge pumps etc without bumping my head too much on the platform.
For the boat colors I think Im set on navy blue Gator Glide bottom and halfway up the sides then light grey Ultra Tuff from there up and on top and the console too. No actual "paint" on this rig.

Hey man I think that’s going to be bad azz,

I never really liked deck boats you know like the bass guys fish but you’re build is looking pretty cool. Can’t wait to see it when it’s done.
:popcorn: