Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bare with me guys and gals, I will have more updates soon. Work threw me a curveball and Im trying to adjust and have less free time to work on my boat and if I get time I cant do the work correctly and to the best of my ability so Im taking a break. More to come soon!

This is an awesome build. I live in Victoria also. I fish coleto creek every chance I get. My tig welder should be in in the next week or so. Hit me up if you need anything.

smackdaddy53 said:
Bare with me guys and gals, I will have more updates soon. Work threw me a curveball and Im trying to adjust and have less free time to work on my boat and if I get time I cant do the work correctly and to the best of my ability so Im taking a break. More to come soon!

Yeah man I feel you on that. I’m doing like 55 plus hours a week, it comes with the position and that’s just the way it is. Trying to balance the little bit of free time I have with family girlfriend and my project. I would rather have one of my projects take twice as long and come out right than have it done in half the time and come out like crap. Hang in there.

thursdaymike said:
This is an awesome build. I live in Victoria also. I fish coleto creek every chance I get. My tig welder should be in in the next week or so. Hit me up if you need anything.
Thanks guys.
Mike, I mainly fish saltwater but have pulled out a few good sized blues from Coleto. Heres one from last Summer I caught on live perch and a jugline. Yes I know, I look like a homeless person but I dont dress up to run juglines and drink beer!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366666780.618721.jpg

Yeah, Im still working on her! Ordered the new jet bearing/seal kit, new bolts and hardware to replace all the old stainless (just in case), jet unit anode kit and few other things to get my motor ready to tune up and run.
Im going to pick it all up tomorrow and get going with it!

Outboard Jets sent the kit without all the parts I needed so it will be another week until I get the bearing installed. I wish I could get it all done faster, looks like yall are losing interest!

Dude your not serious are ya......hey most of us work too......I have been watching your build since the start....hell it took me over a year to do mine. Keep up the good work....your going to have a killer boat when your done.

bigwave said:
Dude your not serious are ya......hey most of us work too......I have been watching your build since the start....hell it took me over a year to do mine. Keep up the good work....your going to have a killer boat when your done.

x2 on that! Between working overtime, people getting married and all the rain we've been getting, I haven't even seen my boat in three weeks! Needless to say I won't be meeting the deadline, I gave myself, of next weekend's lake trip. Keep up the good work Smack! :cool:

smackdaddy53 said:
I thought I was lagging! I see it done within three or four months if I get busy and there are no more snags...

I said that to brother,

I kind of put an unofficial completion time of April 1st on my build but I guess I was the April fool. :LOL2: April has come on gone and May will do the same but I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it’s not a train coming. :mrgreen:

I’d much rather it takes a little longer and have it right than rush it just to have it done but not done right. I try and do at least one thing a day even if it’s just one little task. I break things down to little projects and then all those little projects add up.

Country Dave said:
smackdaddy53 said:
I thought I was lagging! I see it done within three or four months if I get busy and there are no more snags...

I said that to brother,

I kind of put an unofficial completion time of April 1st on my build but I guess I was the April fool. :LOL2: April has come on gone and May will do the same but I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it’s not a train coming. :mrgreen:

I’d much rather it takes a little longer and have it right than rush it just to have it done but not done right. I try and do at least one thing a day even if it’s just one little task. I break things down to little projects and then all those little projects add up.
Exatly how I am! I refuse to do "rush jobs" on anything...hate temporary fixes too!

Looking great bro! I can relate to the time thing. I work full time for the State of FL in LE and run a business on the side and typically do about 70 hours a week and then try to fit time in to work on the boat, it ain't easy. Like Dave said, slow and easy and just take the one BIG project and break it down into a bunch of little ones.

Badbagger said:
Looking great bro! I can relate to the time thing. I work full time for the State of FL in LE and run a business on the side and typically do about 70 hours a week and then try to fit time in to work on the boat, it ain't easy. Like Dave said, slow and easy and just take the one BIG project and break it down into a bunch of little ones.
That's it! I am going to fish tomorrow but Saturday and Sunday it will be on. Time to cut out hatches and begin laying out the tunnel on 1/8" sheet so I can take it to the shop and have them bend it to make a nice one piece tunnel with only two short seams on the back where it flattens out. I may even get it to the welder this weekend but that may be a little overzealous. I need to bolt on my guide ons and run wires and mount my lights on the trailer first.

Hey Smack , Buy the lights you can remove the factory wires from . Then go buy yourself an extention cord , cut the ends off of it and run all three wires (ground, turn, and parking lights.) from the front of the trailer to the light itself. That way you aren't useing the trailer as a ground and you don't have any splices close to the water . (only up by the tonge ) I hope this make sense .

I got the new bearing kit, water pump kit and liner installed yesterday. The bearing is easy to replace with a hydraulic press from Harbor Freight Tools instead of paying OJ to do it. You can buy a press and the bearing/seal kit and still spend less than what they charge to do it.
Cleaned up the impeller and the leading edges of the blades. The jet goes back on tomorrow and its time to clean the carbs and replace the plugs and thermostat for peace of mind. I am removing the VRO for sure, no sense in blowing a powerhead because I depend on an oil pump to lube my motor. I can mix my own gas and not worry about failure. A little 2 stroke smoke never hurt anyone!
More to come after this crazy busy month.