Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks axeshredder77

I got my Optimas mounted under the console this morning and installed my 70# Minnkota Copilot. Started on the wiring and will continue with it tomorrow.
Slowly but surely!

Do I need more pictures or are you guys bored and don't want me to follow through with the build? I am less than a month from the maiden voyage.

Haha, you guys think I'm crazy? No way I would stop posting now. Just not much to take pictures of, just wiring and piddly bullscat.
I am finishing this bastage the next days off so stay tuned. I got my ACR, perko fuel fill fitting and I am ready to finish it! Hopefully backing her down in the water and cranking her up between Friday and Wednesday. I have to take it to my old mechanic and have him give it a good once over with me there so I know it's good to go. I may remove the water jacket, clean it up and replace the thermostat while I'm at it just for peace of mind.

I got the wiring almost done today. Now I have to mount my fuse/ACR/Perko panel and switch board and get all the wires tidied up with zip ties and wire clips. What a mess!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407544287.698707.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407544311.080929.jpg
I checked my starter for the first time in over a year and it still cranks but now with the key! I also found out my Oil Warning Module is bad because it started smoking and nearly caught my fuel pump on fire. Good thing I had the cowling off and was standing on the ground turning the key and watching the motor. New part on the way. I also went ahead and bought a new oil tank for the motor because the last guy that had it cut a hole in the side of it to check or disable the oil float...Paul!!!!! No big deal but I will not have a motor without an oil and temperature alarm.
I will be drilling the hole in the bow deck for my fuel fill fitting and getting all the gauges hooked up as well in the next few days.
More to come over the next several days, there is light at the end of the tunnel! I hope to be at least launching next week and running it some if everything goes as planned.

Got the wiring completed, on to the fuel fill. I got the deck fitting hole cut out and I am about to mount the fuel tank as soon as I get the gauges wired up. When I get the oil warning module in the mail and installed it will be time to see how she does on the water.
I still have to get the cowling prepped and painted, 350 VRod decals for it, "Pole Dancer" name plates made, TX numbers on it and a few small things but it is almost there!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407708696.175336.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407708770.808190.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407708783.124834.jpg

Paul Marx said:
From what I can see under there Smack , you need more wires. :mrgreen:
I have a few more to add later...I hope she runs because I'm cranking her up next days off after I get my new oil warning module put back in when the new one comes in. **** boats cost too much! It will hopefully be worth the pain in the *** it has been so far. It has at least taught me a lot!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363166#p363166 said:
typed by ben » August 13th, 2014, 7:04 am[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363153#p363153 said:
smackdaddy53 » Yesterday, 23:39[/url]"]
Paul Marx said:
From what I can see under there Smack , you need more wires. :mrgreen:
**** boats cost too much!
Break Out Another Thousand
Ain't that the truth. I'm at a stand still right now until some more $$$ comes in.

My oil warning sensor came in today so I will be installing that on my next days off and finally finishing my fuel fill so I can get this thing in the water!
I made a mistake a couple of weeks ago and bought another hull...all .125" made by Dugas in Louisiana. I decided to just get it and flip it and that is what I am going to do! The last thing I need is another boat project!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408212137.335746.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408212120.969652.jpg

Alright! I got my gas tank/fuel system completely finished today. I like my Perko fuel fill better than the other more obtrusive Perko that had a lip that stuck up and would have caused some problems on the front deck.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408748807.476892.jpg
I also upgraded from a 55 Minn Kota Copilot to a 70 Copilot. I figure more power couldn't hurt.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408748888.077467.jpg
I got all the electronics/switches/gauges wired up as well. I installed a kill switch last week just in case...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408748932.043690.jpg
Dual 650gph Johnson Ultima auto sensing bilge pumps installed with a three way switch that is easily accessible under the captains seat. My fuel filter and fuel pump are also right there where I can get to them easily.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408749080.694567.jpg
I put some neoprene gaskets on the front battery hatch on the console so no water will get in. They seal up the console well and make the bass sound a little better from the SW6.5" Wetsounds speakers. I only like to listen to a little Caribbean steel drum island music on the boat ride to the spot, then it is all business.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408749253.677367.jpg
I left a tiny bottle of blue thread locker on the deck and it got spilled somehow and turned the tuffcoat into jelly so I had to clean, prep, prime and re spray some texture on that spot. I hate that kind of thing but luckily I had a little bit of left over Tuffcoat. The primer looks like my boat has an ouchie...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408749366.827950.jpg
I figured I would check my thermostat status before I take her to the water and I am glad I did! It looks like the last guy did not flush the motor after use. Saltwater has to be flushed or this is what you will end up with! I ordered a new thermostat and gasket today. It should be in tomorrow or Monday...I was looking forward to splashing her tomorrow but it has been over two years, I can wait and do it right! The cooling system is all clear but I still went ahead and flushed it with CLR and douched with water.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408749553.461437.jpg
EEK!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408749570.810656.jpg
I will be installing the captains flip up seat cushion tomorrow along with designing the name plate for both gunnels. I'm thinking "Pole Dancer" with a chick on a pole getting her dance on...sound good? Well tough because that's what it is going to be!
Someone reply for the love of CountryDave!

What the hell? I typed each section and added the corresponding photo and they are all backwards? Oh well, just look at the pictures that go with the caption.