solar boat lights.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

botchco

Reaction score
ok question for you fellas, Im not too handy and was looking to get some solar bow lights I can run . does anyone know if there is such a thing and if so where can 1 purchase these. id like to wire something but Im just not very good with that kinda stuff and get over whelmed pretty easy... thanks in advance

botchco said:
ok question for you fellas, Im not too handy and was looking to get some solar bow lights I can run . does anyone know if there is such a thing and if so where can 1 purchase these. id like to wire something but Im just not very good with that kinda stuff and get over whelmed pretty easy... thanks in advance
I'm not aware of any product as you describe, that said, why not take a standard solar light they sell pretty much everywhere and change the housing around it to Green/Red and use a standard white for your stern light?

Crazyboat said:
botchco said:
I'm not aware of any product as you describe, that said, why not take a standard solar light they sell pretty much everywhere and change the housing around it to Green/Red and use a standard white for your stern light?
I'd remove the clear lens and dip it in paint or spray them with desired color.

I've painted many a lens with red fingernail polish when I wanted all red lights on my helm and in cockpit ... on my toona boat. This was 'back' in the day when we didn't have the variety, nor LEDs, for lights like available on the market now. That said, solar lights aren't bright.

What about these portable, battery operated clamp-on lights? Only $13 at Walmart.

Attachments

• Bow Lights.jpeg
    Bow Lights.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 988
They have ones with various amounts of brightness, larger batteries or multiple batteries within the package, or you can add extra lights and batteries if desired, it's not real hard and I'm not real good with my hands. I'm assuming this is for inland fishing.

Latest posts