Sold the Alumacraft, rebirth of the Dura Craft.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Well, last summer I traded my Alumacraft 1432 for a Durcraft 1542. I started working on the Duracraft (neeed a lot of TLC) :( . Then I cam accross a Alumacraft 1746 MV Bandit with a 75 HP that needed a little work itself. Got it for $600. :D Well, found some one who wanted it more than me this past weekend and sold it for a good proffit. Now, to the disapproval of my wife, I will be spending 1/3 of those proceeds fixin up the Duracraft the way I want. I liked the Alumcraft 1746MV but it was a bass boat set up. A lot of space taken up with front/rear deck. My plan is to leave the Duracraft pretty open with some storage. Will have to finish replacing the rivets I started last summer :( . But with the new tool in my arsenal (Lincoln Pro Core welder) I will be adding some bracing to make up from the bench that is missing and the one that I am relocating closer forward.IMG00206.jpgth_IMG00230-1.jpgth_IMG0029300001.jpg

After Fishing from the Bass boat set up that the Alumacraft was, I found myself running out of room in a decent size boat. No that it's gone, my plan for the Duracraft is to move the rear bench forward about 8"s. Then split the forward bench in half and mount in the rear on the sides. I will use a portion of these for battery storage. I will fab up some small boxes to mount the two seats on. Each will have a little storage under them. The side console I have I will mod into a center (if I find there will be room, if not it will go to the side). The small bow deck will be altered to allow for some storage there as well. the floor will be properly weather proofed ply wraped in marine carpet with several layers of the foam board under it to insulate and add flotation. I still have my Kayak Stabilzers from my first mod so if I have any stability issues. (Might even add the cannon from my "Bring on those somali pirates" post) I should be able to get started the second weekend of April. I am not looking forward to replacing all the rivets but oh well. I am really looking forward to the build.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 920