Some advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLK fisher

Reaction score
As some of you know I bought a glass boat along with the tinboat I have. I have to say I had nothing but problems with the glass boat. The tinboat I bought as a empty shell and decked it out and wired it all myself, needless to say, I haven't had o figure. I think the problem is some of these big boat companies don't care what comes off thier floor. I paid decent money for that boat and it is a disappointment. What I am trying to say is if some of you are thinking about also purchasing a glass boat, don't do it. Stay with the Tinboats man. For the difference in price its a nobrainer. I might even fish my next unlimited horsepower tourny out of my jon. We will see. Anyway I'm done venting. Happy 4th and tight lines this weekend and be safe everyone.

that'd be cool to see a Jon at a tournament. Tell the competition that you don't need HP to win 8)

seif5034 said:
that'd be cool to see a Jon at a tournament. Tell the competition that you don't need HP to win 8)

I would love to see someone win the big boys tournaments off a Tin. Maybe I will go all the way one day and win the ABA Championship and turn around and sell the Glass boat for a 22 foot xpress or 20 foot G3 :LOL2:

I'm sure there are some tin boat companies that let stuff slide as well. I know I keep finding things with my Tracker PT190TX that show someone wasn't doing their inspections. Most of it is fixable by me and I am pretty handy but why do I have to go behind them and relocate screws so they go through the deck and actually hit the cross member. Or how come I had to vacuum out the bilge to get the metal shavings out so my bilge pump didn't suck them up. I could have taken it back for the metal shavings but the service center said it would be 3 weeks before they could get to it. 3 weeks w/o a boat 2 weeks after I bought it??? Not! Took care of it myself. Didn't notice the screws missed the cross member until after I took the deck off to run my marine radio antenna wire. I'm sure there's more to find, but I'll deal with that as I come to them.

flounderhead59 said:
Or how come I had to vacuum out the bilge to get the metal shavings out so my bilge pump didn't suck them up. I could have taken it back for the metal shavings but the service center said it would be 3 weeks before they could get to it.

Same thing with the metal shavings on Xmytrucks pro team 165. #-o

Captain Ahab said:
I love my Mako :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love my Triton also but mine was made before they sold to Brunswick...
the only problem with me getting my boat when i did was i missed out on the 3 free games of bowling you now get with a Triton..

I think the problem is the same as when a big corporation takes over. Build as many as fast as you can. Sell them as fast as you can. And if you miss a couple major details, who cares. That's why I feel they may not be around in the future. I am going with another company that is family owned and operated. The problem is selling this one before getting into a new one. And waterwings, we actually have launch numbers that we draw the night before. My spot is about200 yards from the launch. I will have to fight the wakes if I do bring my tinboat but there is no other boat better to fish docks in than a tinboat.HAHA. My other might be to big.

flounderhead59 said:
I'm sure there are some tin boat companies that let stuff slide as well.
Yep. I pored over (I mean REALLY examined - salesmen don't bother you when you are 14) all the boats at the boat show, and I could find just as many faults with the Trackers and G3s as I could with the Rangers and Skeeters they had there. (They did a good job with quality control on the Starcrafts - was very surprised)

Quite frankly, I have my eye on a couple Javelin 389t boats with 150 Johnsons for sale here. One is a '93 and one a '95. Course, I don't have the money for them at this point, but I am hoping that the economy will drive more people to sell their boats in the next year, and by then I might be able to afford one of them as well.

My point is, The tin boat has the advantage of the material it is made of, and the advantages that come with that, but quality control is really a wash between the two. Not so much of a selling point.