Sportwin or chrysler

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiverDog357

Reaction score
I am taking the SPortwin back to the shop on Monday to have the mechanic take a look at it. If you havent read my other post, I bought a 9.5 Sportwin last week. It ran great in the tank when I went to look at it, but when I got it on the water it ran horrible. The guys so far seems like a good guy cause he told me to bring it back and he'll look at it. We'll see. Anyway he had a Chrysler factory 15 hp. when I went to look at the Sportwin. I was wondering about trying to make him a deal on it instead of taking the Sportwin back if he still has it. It has a rock guard on it too which would be nice since I fish in a shallow, rocky river. The reason I didnt get it at first is b/c my Jon is rated for 10. I have decided that I will just put 10 hp stickers on it if I get it. Are these motors any good? Anything to look for when I go down tommorow? Quick replies appreciated being I am leaving in the morning. Thanks guys!

Sportwin. Y'all know how much I adore :roll: :roll: those, yet I would say get that HANDS DOWN. I will work on the sportwins if they were a friends motor, or somebody paying me to work on them, and I even will do certain tasks on certain Mercs, but I absolutely will not touch the Chrysler/Force motors.

bassboy1 said:
Sportwin. Y'all know how much I adore :roll: :roll: those, yet I would say get that HANDS DOWN. I will work on the sportwins if they were a friends motor, or somebody paying me to work on them, and I even will do certain tasks on certain Mercs, but I absolutely will not touch the Chrysler/Force motors.

aw come on , that ain't all that bad...lol.....

Thanks Bassboy, I took your advice. I talked to the owners worker when he was outside, and he told me not to take the Chrysler. It also said he hates to work on em. The saga is hopefully over witht he SPortwin. I got it back and its running good. I'm gonna make another post on it.

Good luck with your motor. I have a 62 model Sportwin 10 hp & it runs great. Do you know the year on yours? Edit: just saw the other posts about this motor; seen it is a '72.

Latest posts