Spot lights on a budget?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampthing(True)

Reaction score
Hey guys Im looking into changing out my spot lights on the nose of my boat and I want to replace them with something super bright cause I do allot of things on the water at night and nothing is worse than running into crap on the river at night lol. Anyways Ive looked into maybe getting the led fog lights at Wal Mart i think their 55watts I would like two 100 watt lights for around 50 bucks any suggestions?

I prefer to use a hand held spotlight when I'm on the river in the dark. I started using one initially for going to and from the duck blind but now that I've gotten use to having all that light, it seems like I can't do without it. And a hand held light of 2 million candle power or more can be had for less than $50. Having a hand held also allows you to look around in directions other than where the boat is pointed.

I am thinking its headlights on a boat is illegal due several reasons ..It takes away from seeing your running lights ..Causes nightblindness for other boaters in area..Hand held light is OK..cva34

I agree with the last poster, a hand held is more versatile and cheaper. It's hard to beat a 2 million Brinkman corded....don't mess with rechargeable. I always put a longer cord on mine so I can move from front to back of the boat and take the light with me. If you are by yourself it's easy enough to run the motor and handle the light and if someone is with you with the longer cord they can sit up front and handle the lighting. I use one running to the duck blind and do a lot of jug fishing using one....never fails to work!
Headlights, such as KC lights, are not illegal and very common on duck boats, but generally speaking they are fixed position and you only see where you are pointing. Night time boating isn't like driving a car..there aren't two lanes of traffic going each way where you have someone coming at you constantly so no worries of night blindness unless of course some jackwagon tries to shine you on purpose.

Chris

Latest posts