square bill cranks, any recommendations?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
I have read and heard that square bills and coffin bills are great around cover, any recommendations on brands and models?

so far the diawa rpms are what i really like for that type of fishing. also check out the lucky craft rick clunn series.

I have had great success with bomber square A's. I pick them up for $1.99 a piece in the bargain bins at cabelas all the time, I also like bandit shallow runners. Lucky craft makes some nice ones too, but I lose these stly cranks too often to use LC all the time.

I have a few PC Baits cranks with square bill - they work well around cover and the like. The bill tends to "bounce" off hard objects better, IMO, then a rounded bill.

Bagley Balsa B2, luckycraft rc, bomber square A, these are just some i can think of off the top of my head, i heard good and bad things about all of these, however if you want a square bill because you want to use it where it could become easily snagged, ie fishin downed trees, rocks, and any structure really, I would prob not go with a LC, mainly because of the price tag. Fishin structure with cranks your bound to get hung up regaurdless of the type of crank, because of this i would most likely use a bomber square A, or Bagley Balsa B2.

Lucky Craft RC 2.5. The best I've come across. I only buy em when they are on sale at BPS for $9. I also put those Lure Saver split rings on all my higher dollar lures.
Bagley B 2's are good as well, but it seems like those are getting more expensive every year.
Rapala has the new Fat series of square lipped cranks. I think those run around around $6-7 per. I'm going to give those a shot this year. Try to find an alternative to the Lucky Craft addiction.