STATE FEDERATION TOURNY FISH

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5

Reaction score
WELL I FISHED LAKE GASTON AS A NON-BOATER HERE IN NC THIS PAST WEEKEND...VERY TOUGH FISHING COLD FRONT MOVED IN ON FRIDAY AND SMACKED THE FISH IN THE HEAD. IF ANYBODYS FISHED THERE BEFORE YOU KNOW ITS MOSTLY DOCKS POINTS DROP OFFS NOTHING MUCH ELSE. CAUGHT THIS GUY IN THE VERY VERY VERY BACK OF A DOCK HE WEIGHED 4.88 OFFICIALLY ...MISSED A 2.5LBER SIDE THE BOAT ...SECOND DAY ONE BITE ONE FISH 2.5LBER AGAIN THIS TIME I LANDED HIM..HEHE SHAKY HEAD GETS EM EVERYTIME... I DID LEARN SOMETHING THIS WEEKEND ABOUT THE PLACE WE FISHED AN AREA 3 FOOT DEEP W/ FLATS WITH STUMPS IT WAS NICE BUT SUCKED FOR THE POST FRONT CONDITIONS ON A BLUE BIRD DAY...OH I CAUGHT HIM ON THAT NEW RAGE TAIL CRAW TRAILOR ON A BLACK AND BLUE JIG... I GOTTA SAY THE CRAW HAS GREAT ACTION BUT THE RAGE TAIL SHAD ON THE OTHER HAND HAS GREAT ACTION TO BUT I COULDN'T GET A HOOK UP RIGGED IT WITH A OWNER 5/0 TEXAS STYLE...COULD PROBABLY USE 6/0OR7/0 BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY...HAD TWO HUGE BITES BUT LIKE I SAID NO HOOK UP...MAYBE I WAS STILL ASLEEP 8)

OH DID I MENTION TOO THAT THE GUY I GOT PAIRED WITH WAS A BACK BOATN SON OF b&#(H.. THE FISH WERE IN THE VERY BACK OF THE DOCKS IN THE SHALLOWEST WATER POSSIBLE SO HE WOULD COME IN PARALLEL TO THE BANK AND GET THREE CASTS BEFORE I EVER GOT ONE,AS HE MOVED TO THE FRONT I WAS PINNED TO THE DOCK SO I WOULD GRACEFULLY KICK THE DOCK PUSHING THE BACK OF THE BOAT OUT SO I COULD GET A SHOT AT IT :lol:, OH YEAH ONE MORE THING TO GRIPE ABOUT THAT I WILL BE TELLING MY GRAND KIDS ABOUT, WE WERE FISHING THE STUMP FILLED FLATS 2-3 FOW FOR AN HOUR NO BITES SO WE GET READY TO LEAVE RIGHT AND THIS GUY TRIMS THE MOTOR DOWN AND TAKES OFF PEDAL TO THE MEDAL AND JUST AS WE GET UP ON PLANE WE HIT A 3 FOOT STUMP....CAN WE SAY BENT PROP SHAFT AND SPUN HUB... :twisted: I KARMAS A BI#*$& HUH I REALLY TRIED NOT TO SMILE

Attachments

• 051708_1531[00].JPG
    051708_1531[00].JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 174
Nice catch! 8) . Concur on the hook size: A 5/0 ewg will work for the Rage Shad and Rage Craw, but recommend at least a 6/0 ewg to allow some hook-up room for the Rage Toad. A 7/0 would be better as you stated.

OH DID I MENTION TOO THAT THE GUY I GOT PAIRED WITH WAS A BACK BOATN SON OF b&#(H.. THE FISH WERE IN THE VERY BACK OF THE DOCKS IN THE SHALLOWEST WATER POSSIBLE SO HE WOULD COME IN PARALLEL TO THE BANK AND GET THREE CASTS BEFORE I EVER GOT ONE,AS HE MOVED TO THE FRONT I WAS PINNED TO THE DOCK SO I WOULD GRACEFULLY KICK THE DOCK PUSHING THE BACK OF THE BOAT OUT SO I COULD GET A SHOT AT IT :lol:, OH YEAH ONE MORE THING TO GRIPE ABOUT THAT I WILL BE TELLING MY GRAND KIDS ABOUT, WE WERE FISHING THE STUMP FILLED FLATS 2-3 FOW FOR AN HOUR NO BITES SO WE GET READY TO LEAVE RIGHT AND THIS GUY TRIMS THE MOTOR DOWN AND TAKES OFF PEDAL TO THE MEDAL AND JUST AS WE GET UP ON PLANE WE HIT A 3 FOOT STUMP....CAN WE SAY BENT PROP SHAFT AND SPUN HUB... :twisted: I KARMAS A BI#*$& HUH I REALLY TRIED NOT TO SMILE

Nickk said:
Nice fish!!!

Waterwings said:
Nice catch! 8) . Concur on the hook size: A 5/0 ewg will work for the Rage Shad and Rage Craw, but recommend at least a 6/0 ewg to allow some hook-up room for the Rage Toad. A 7/0 would be better as you stated.

have you seen these?
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageTRUTERM-TTGHFH.html

That's a heck of a hook! :)

Johnny5 said:

Sounds like he was a real sociable fella, lol. Did he see ya smilin' :)

you stated the boater back ended you? what format are you fishing? are fishing against the boater in the same pot? or just fishing against the co-anglers? if you are fishing against the boater then you should have waked up on the front deck next to him and fished. your other choice would be to file a protest in writing back at the ramp.
When boaters act like "A" holes they need to be told about it.
if co anglers sit back and say nothing boaters will continue to act this way..
nice fish and good job under tough fishing conditions

Fishin spent water sucks, good to see you still managed to pull a few out. Better luck next time when gettin paired up with a boater

redbug said:
you stated the boater back ended you? what format are you fishing? are fishing against the boater in the same pot? or just fishing against the co-anglers? if you are fishing against the boater then you should have waked up on the front deck next to him and fished. your other choice would be to file a protest in writing back at the ramp.
When boaters act like "A" holes they need to be told about it.
if co anglers sit back and say nothing boaters will continue to act this way..
nice fish and good job under tough fishing conditions

YEAH WE ACTUALLY ARE FISHING AGAINST EACH OTHER 72 FISHERMAN 41 SPOTS TO GO TO THE STATES WHICH I DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND HOW THATS GOING TO WORK FOR A BOATER/NONBOATER TOURNY WITH THE ODD NUMBER OF PEOPLE! BUT IF I WERE I TO MAKE TOP 20 OUT OF THAT 40 THEN I WOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AS A BOATER, BUT I DID SQUEAK BY WITH 38TH PLACE :D SO WE'LL BE FISHING THERE AGAIN IN OCTOBER

Latest posts