Sunday smoke, It's on!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The plans have been set, there is no turning back.

A 4 pound Brisket sits marinating in mustard and rub in the fridge. It will go on the smoker around 9-10 in the morning. When it reaches 165 degrees I am going to foil it and put it back on the smoker until it reaches 190 (Juggernoob style :beer:)

When I foil it though I am also going to add a dozen or so Atomic Buffalo turds.

Stock picture, not mine...........................
atomic-buffalo-turds.jpg

This time I am going to use Sams club Charcoal briquets. I have heard both good and ok reports about it. For $6.50 for two 15 pound bags, I could not pass it up. The Briquets are 60% bigger than Kingsford....

Anyone have any experience with this charcoal?

Full report at the end of day tomorrow while watching football. The Patriots are on at 8PM against the steelers.

What time should I be over? :mrgreen: Those Atomic Buffalo turds look like they will be delicious, I've always wanted to do smoked jalapeno poppers. How's the brisket looking? Don't forget the baste the brisket with the juices from the pan. You should give charcoal lumps a try. Good luck, go Pats!

Living vicariously through your smoking posts :mrgreen: I want to get a smoker bad and have been doing some researching... will see maybe one of these days!

Latest posts