Surefire Flashlight

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I have been looking at one for years, Just cant justify spending $80 on a flashlight.

I have been looking at this one.

https://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/888/sesent/00

What is it with us guys and flashlights?

I used to use one when I was in the Army. They are pretty practical, and can take a mega beating. I used mine when i was running cable in the dark, I had one that could take inserts to change the lens color, so i could maintain light discipline.

Id like to have one for fishing, but too I cant justify the expense. if you have extra cash and want an awesome light there you go.

I have that exact one. I love it. At night it will look like it is day time. The only downside is that it only last about 30 to 45 minutes of continual use and it gets very hot. I use mine alot and have to change the batterys about every two to three weeks. The batterys from surefire are the cheapest you are going to find. And they work well also. IMO it is well worth the money. It will last you a long long time.

Yea those will work with it. not a bad price either. But if you go to the store and buy them they are like 6 to 8 dollars for 2 batteries

Whew! Nice flashlights, but a little too pricy for my wallet! I have a Mini-Mag that's been working great for 21 years! :)

My younger brother (who is not a cheapskate like me) has a SureFire that he keeps with his work gear (he's a firefighter) and has never had a problem with it.

Jim

I have used Surefires for years. Very durable/reliable/bright. $80 is way too much. Should find them a lot less. Batteries from Surefire website are the cheapest - I buy three cases a year - all of our 37 employees cary Surefire 6P - we think they're the best out there. Batteries last approx 2 hours continuous. Bulbs last indefinately unless dropped - hardley ever replace a bulb with 37 in service. Also come in combat grip style (smaller shaft with lanyard to attach around wrist). Don't spend $80. If you want, I've got a couple of used ones (6P model) I'd let go with new batteries for $25. Email me privately if interested.

Joe