Tackle Makers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tie a few jigs everynow and then. Started tying them for Bass FNF flies, but recently been tying a few crappie jigs.

I had a melting pot for lead and was making jigheads for a while, but sold it to my buddy. He was better at it than me anyways...

I came real close to buying a lure company a few years back. I might still give it a shot in the future.
when I fished for trout and just startig bass fishing a made my own jig heads.

Wayne

I pour weedless jigs, and shakey heads. I would post pics but I dont have saved on the laptop. When I get moved and get the desktop set back up I post some.

Thanks,
Brad

I tie crappie jigs and some panfish flies. Thought about trying balsa crankbaits, but time is limited.

Been thinking about raising some worms (why not, the kids are grown now) and maybe make my own trolling flys for salmon.

redbug said:
I came real close to buying a lure company a few years back. I might still give it a shot in the future.

Wayne

Scary - you woudl never sell a thing, they would be all for you!

Of course, you would save money so go for it

I can imagine you yearly financial statement:

Gross sales: $110,000
Net Sales: $0.0

Inventory Retained: ALL OF IT!

I have been learning to tie crappie jigs, starting to be able to get them to look better. I am also raising worms, once they get going good they seem to multiply rapidly.

I tie jigs. The little silver and red jig tied on a sixteenth ounce head has caught 21 species of fish so far, including 5 saltwater species and 16 freshwater. It has a red head, red thread and a red stripe down the side of the silver skirt. Made out of gift bag shredding I found at the Dollar Tree store....mylar shredding, Voila brand.... Best jig I ever came up with....

I'm working on a worm farm and the little lady is gonna try pouring plastics.I will probably end up pouring plastics and she will tend the worm farm.

I pour a worm called a Mushroom Worm and a Select-A-Tail Worm and a Skirted Worm. I had a friend make the steel mold for me and I only make three at a time. The Select-A-Tail Worm. you can cahnge tails from a curly tail, split tail, or whatever.

Go to o-o-i.com,hit about us, view the slide show then move down to view the molded worms. These are old pictures and the worm has been revised a little.

The e-mail contact has been changed to [email protected]

i wish i new how to pore my own plastics i would save alot of money :roflmao:

Latest posts