Tahatsu Prop Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nytebyte

Reaction score
So far I am liking my new 20 Tahatsu except for one thing. From what I understand I cant turn the idle down on the fuel injection. I can only get it to slow to 2.4 mph with a top end of 23 mph. I would like to be able to slow it down to at least 1.5 mph for trolling of our finicky walleye. I have a bow mount electric on it but sometimes I would like to just give a spot a try without having to go up front to lower the electric. Question is, is there a prop I can go to that would slow my trolling speed and not cause me to over rev? It runs at 5800 rpm wide open now so that's close to the 6000 max which is ok by me. I think the prop that is on it is a 10 pitch as there is a 10 stamped on it and that's the only number I see, its the one that came on it new. Thanks for any help on this, Jim

If it runs 5800 now and you go down to a 9" pitch it's going to bounce on the limiter.

Drop a drift sock over the side when you are trolling or a 5 gallon bucket, that will slow you down. Just play out enough rope it doesn't get in your way.

Was hoping to find that magic prop that would do it all. Guess that isn't going to happen LOL. I can drag a drift sock or try trolling backwards to help it slow it down a bit. Thanks, Jim

5 gallon bucket with a bunch of large holes drilled in it works good too!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk