The JOHN DEERE 16ft Lund Aluminum shallow V project begins !

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings boat lovers ! TOday is the day that I shot a gallon of paint onto the trailer and the outsude of the boat. I hae not gotten to the inside yet but I felt like this was the best flow and order to get this done after much thought. As you will see the fenders are green and the tires are going back on the yellow rims today too so that I can figure out exactly where to weld/bolt the fenders. IT IS GREEN ! lol....and thanks for the thoughts and advice ! I painted this outside in a light wind and the hull temp was 160 degrees so I guess this is a "baked" enamel paint job with GOD doing the baking ! More later as I turn it over and paint the inside in a week. Peace. https://www.RIcSteel.Com

Attachments

• IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 578
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 578
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 578
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 578
Hey Everybody,

I now have the boat off the trailer and turned up correctly on rollers in the garage. I am fitting things like headlights which have yellow beams abd backs that will be painted green of course as well as fitting the center truck box etc. THings are moving along but I do not want to paint the inside till I have most things fitted. I will remove them and then pain and refit just like building a chopper etc....Will post more soon. THe trailer now has the green finders mounted as well as a yellow winch, yellow chocks, and a yello rimmed spare on the front ! You guys are gonna flip when you see ot the next time !

https://www.RicSteel.Com

Saw the title and had to take a look at this project. My sister and her husband were part owners of a JD dealership for over 20 years. I swear she has at least one of everything they made in the way of collectables and toys. It may end up being more green than I can stand in the long run but good luck with it. I'll have to show my sister this one for sure.