Think Tank Lures Triggerfish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice catch bulldog. I tried mine early yesterday before the tournament started and decided I wasn't going to use it since I wasn't good with it yet. I want to get some practice because...as you said....it has a learning curve...for sure.

Where you fishing for those bass? The rivers are too high right now.

Nice fish Bulldog. Glad to see you guys are excited about the possibilites with Triggerfish. From experience I can tell you they are hard to put down once you get the hang of it and catch a few fish. Bulldog, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a pretty windy day in your picture. Wind will make control more difficult, especially a crosswind. We will have a video tutorial that will cover techniques up shortly on our website and have you mastering all the capabilites in short order. Anyone with any questions feel free to post or PM me...I'll be happy to give any advice you need. Thanks- Ian

It was windy. You knew you were going to get a bite when the wind picked up and the fish shut off as the wind would die. Pretty fun fishing.

This lure is awesome. I can't wait to get on some smallmouth when the rivers go down.

I received my Baby Bass Triggerfish in the mail on Friday, I can't wait to try this thing out. Bass season opens on 5/28/11. #-o

I'll be hunting Iowa bass the first week of May. :D

ThinkTankLures said:
Nice fish Bulldog. Glad to see you guys are excited about the possibilites with Triggerfish. From experience I can tell you they are hard to put down once you get the hang of it and catch a few fish. Bulldog, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a pretty windy day in your picture. Wind will make control more difficult, especially a crosswind. We will have a video tutorial that will cover techniques up shortly on our website and have you mastering all the capabilites in short order. Anyone with any questions feel free to post or PM me...I'll be happy to give any advice you need. Thanks- Ian

Wow....look who's here! :WELCOME: to Tinboats ThinkTank! Awesome to have you join us. I can't wait to get out and really give some time to learning how to really use these. I'm anxious to check out that tutorial when you get that up. Please post it here when it's available.

Thanks Jim and thanks also to the rest of the TinBoats community. You really have a fine bunch of people here, and hopefully I'll get a chance to get out on the water with some of you. It looks like snow up here in Rhode Island for tomorrow...I think I read an article in In Fisherman about spring snowstorm giants a few years ago. It's worth a shot, right?

I'm not doing too well with this lure. Seems to me that it only wants to barrel roll back to me. On occasion I can get it to change directions, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to make that happen. Guess the learning curve is bigger than I thought.

Really cool lure, but I want it to work like it does in the video for me. Every time I'm out, I throw it a bit, but don't want to waste time learning. Hopefully I'll get some more practice this weekend.

fender66 said:
I'm not doing too well with this lure. Seems to me that it only wants to barrel roll back to me. On occasion I can get it to change directions, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to make that happen. Guess the learning curve is bigger than I thought.

Really cool lure, but I want it to work like it does in the video for me. Every time I'm out, I throw it a bit, but don't want to waste time learning. Hopefully I'll get some more practice this weekend.

Same problem here. I can make it act very erratic but I can't make it do what the video does. If the top water bite is one you will catch fish on it but you won't see me steering it through a bunch of submerged trees. Still trying.

Got mine in the mail the other day. Thanks again Jim, and all tin boat members for this great site. I just had to try it in the pond across the street. Cant get it to work like the video but it is awesome. Im going to order a couple more. If you dont have one you need to order one and try it, it is great!!!!!

Jim said:
Are you guys using bait casters or spinning gear? What size rod? Action? Line?

I have been using it on a 7ft medium heavy action spinning rod, 15lb braid. I have finally got it to work the way it is supposed to, but have still not caught any fish on either the baby bass or silver shad colors. Going to be trying them out on my new baitcaster flipping rod this weekend (just purchased that this week!!!) Updates to follow... and hopefully there will be photos!

Jim said:
Are you guys using bait casters or spinning gear? What size rod? Action? Line?

I was using my new Lews Bait caster on a 6'7" Shimano Curado rod the first time with 17lb test. Second try was my Abu STX on a 7' Abu Vendetta w/ 14lb test.

I would say for beginners it is best to use braid up to 30 lbs. On the package we recommend braid up to 30 and mono between 6 and 12. Copolymer and flourocarbon are too heavy and they sink, so as with any other topwater, they are a bad choice.

Love the video. I can't wait to get out and try it again. I didn't throw it during my tournament this weekend....just wasn't confident enough, and didn't have time to "play". I think my biggest problem was that I didn't allow my line to leave the water. Thanks for the video. Can't wait for parts 2-5.