This old Bayrunner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few more pics of lake Powell. The worlds largest natural bridge is only available by boat or a 27 mile round trip hike. It's called Rainbow Bridge National Monument.

243gv0y.jpg

Endless cliffs and rocks.

2lu59jm.jpg

In Bullfrog Utah is a ferry. It's in part of the last place in the USA to every be mapped.

2s78heu.jpg

The big thing to do since the lake is so remote is to rent a houseboat for a week.

juk8ow.jpg

No doubt the best way to see the side canyons and to find greenery and wildlife is by tin boat!

9rsu9u.jpg

They only problem I had was on the way home. The electric actuator on the aftermarket trim unit came unscrewed inside and the motor dropped. It came apart real easy so I put it back together and redrilled the set screew in the rod when I got home.

flh8jl.jpg

I got lucky. The motor hit the road and ground down the skeg a little but can also be filed clean. The prop is toast so I'm going to buy a new one. What would be the difference in running an 11 1/4" prop vs a 12"? They will both fit.

Installed an almost new 19 pitch OMC SST eBay prop. $152 shipped. Old prop was aluminum 17. Turned 5500 @34.4 mph. That brought my cruise down to 4200 with a speed of 25. It so much quieter at cruise running at 4-500 less RPM. I don't ring it's neck out very often so I figured I better write it down the top numbers. It bounced to 35 a few times at 5600rpm but that could have been wind and waves. It ran solid in the 33-34 everytime I nailed it. Nothing like the right prop in good condition. Kinda glad I dinged the old one!

Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like you had a fantastic trip. Bayrunners are popular in my neck of the woods. While I normally try to avoid it, I was out in the Delta not too long ago. Saw a boat like yours. Looked like it was handling the chop very well.