Threaded vs non-threaded seat bases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parkerdog said:
BigTerp said:
With all the responses regarding pin height, which do you guys prefer most? I was thinking of going with 13" for the middle floor mounted seat and 11" on the back bench and front deck. Afraid that might be a bit to short though.

Why would you go shorter on the bench? Your feet are going to be up on the bench as if it was the floor aren't they?

Pick a chair you find comfortable like your computer chair, measure the height of it and make your boat seat the same height. It's all personal preference. What do you think you can sit in the longest.

The reason I want to go shorter on the decks is for stability reasons. I'm 6'8" 260lbs. Would like to stay as low as possible on the decks, yet still be comfortable. What I'll probably do is order one 13", try that in each base and go from there.

I ended up with the threaded SS bases and SS seat mount but soon found that the threaded pedestal was indeed "tight and difficult" to remove only with a test fit. I'm swapping out to the non-threaded pedestal. The pedestal portion that goes into the base spins freely and bottoms out seemingly on top of the nut so I'd imagine that I can always go to the threaded pedestal should I change my mind.

parkerdog said:
Bingo!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swivl-Eze-3-4-King-Pin-Boat-Seat-Post-6-Extension-/180496179415?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item2a066920d7&vxp=mtr
Thanks! Got one of those on the way now