Throttle box...what is this switch?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetailhntr

Reaction score
The top circle is for the key, but what does this lower knob do?
cc14c180c0d6e39cabfdde3d9e176b2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDUBS said:
Are you sure it is a switch. On mine, a knob like that is used to increase or decrease friction on the throttle.

No, why increase friction?

whitetailhntr said:
LDUBS said:
Are you sure it is a switch. On mine, a knob like that is used to increase or decrease friction on the throttle.

Not sure how best to explain. Increase friction to take slop out of the throttle adjustment to keep the throttle lever setting from slipping. For example, if I move the throttle lever forward so I am going 3 mph, when I let go of the throttle lever it might fall off to idle at 1.8 mph. I would increase the throttle lever friction so that it stays put.

LDUBS said:
whitetailhntr said:
LDUBS said:

Not sure how best to explain. Increase friction to take slop out of the throttle adjustment to keep the throttle lever setting from slipping. For example, if I move the throttle lever forward so I am going 3 mph, when I let go of the throttle lever it might fall off to idle at 1.8 mph. I would increase the throttle lever friction so that it stays put.

OK that makes sense thank you

Latest posts