Time for an online fishing tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should TInBoats do more online fishing tournaments like in the past?

• YES!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
or how about the biggest freshwater fish? maybe i can shoot some video of a 6 foot sturgeon jumping.it's an awesome sight.i demolished my wifes favourite salmon rod when i hooked one by accident a few years ago.that was the last time i went salmon fishing with braided line.she still brings it up.

richg99 said:
Sounds good to me.

Let me suggest an "add-on" tournament for non-bass areas.

I've always believed that a bass lure will catch all sorts of other fish. What about a side-tournament, using the exact same lure, for the non-bass guys?

i.e. If the selected lure was a Senko worm (or a Whopper-Plopper) let anyone who wants to, fish for any fish they want, following the same rules that the bass guys do.

This second tournament would require another prize, of course. If that was a problem, I'm sure we could take up a collection to fund it.

Just an idea. richg99
bcbouy said:
or how about the biggest freshwater fish? maybe i can shoot some video of a 6 foot sturgeon jumping.it's an awesome sight.i demolished my wifes favourite salmon rod when i hooked one by accident a few years ago.that was the last time i went salmon fishing with braided line.she still brings it up.
Snowshoe said:
What about fly fishing category?

Keep bringing the ideas. I will try to include everyone somehow. :D

lovedr79 said:
how about a simple "BIGGEST Fish", can be caught in fresh or salt? or oddest fish caught?

Those could be a side prizes, but not for this tournament. Trying to figure out level playing field as best we can.

In my mind 5 entries big or small are 5 entries. The idea is that you learn and perfect the technique and have fun doing it. Sound cool?

I'd jump in on this action!

I agree with you that Bass is the most "universal" sport fish. I'd love to see Crankbaits as one of the suggested methods. You can catch a bass on a Crankbait pretty much year round, which would even the playing field a bit.