Top for my john boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeshaw

Reaction score
This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands. I'm a recycler and made this out of some stuff I had. I think I may be into it for about a hundred? Anyways, it's done now so I'll see how it works out. I made it from 2 tail gate extenders which I cut up for the frame, a couple of aluminum pipes I had and some marine fabric I had left over from another project. Sideways, hmmm.

Attachments

• 20210509_123147.jpg
    20210509_123147.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 602
  • 20210509_123201.jpg
    20210509_123201.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 602
  • 20210509_123220.jpg
    20210509_123220.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 602
Thanks fellas. I like to recycle stuff when I can. The nice part is I learned how to set grommets in this project. They're brass and should be stainless but that's what I had on hand so that's what got used. Nothing on it should rust since it's all made from stainless, aluminum and galvanized steel.

Very nice, I love it when people make stuff that was something else first. I saw were somebody made made a console out of a aluminum truck tool box. A little more storage but full access to the controls and everything.
Good job on the t-top

Thanks. I've seen the consoles made from a truck box. I have a whole one that has been sunk into my rear bench to give me lockable storage. It's actually pretty handy,

Yes, I didn't elaborate but that's why the zip ties were used, to center the fabric in the frame. I did eventually tie it with paracord like you suggested. It's tight like a snare drum and holding up very well so far. I do have to admit that I did google how to tie it correctly though.

Latest posts