Tracker 1542 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out real nice. Once you get the height tuned in perfect put a couple of bolts through the motor bracket, that Alu. is slick.

I have a friend who runs an aluminum shop and got my the material for a great price and doing the labor for very, very cheap. So does anyone see a down side to this.

i aint see'n any downsides for you going w/ aluminum :lol:

nice rig, what part of florida you fishing?

I am fishing north central Florida, between Gainesville and Jacksonville. I told my buddy that he needs to make these and put them on ebay because it really came out good, the one just like it online went for $180-$190 and I told him do it for $100 and make some side money. LS motor are all over and cheaper than the SS because of supply and demand, this bracket worked perfect. I think we are going to start on the front deck next Monday, so will post pics as I get them.

Well I wasn't able to meet up with my friend last week, but I think we are on for this Monday. Here are some of the newly bought stuff to go with the boat. I bought premade deck hatches, did this because I think they will look cleaner and great lakes skipper gave me a great deal, I got the tempress cam hatches 13 X 30 in black so they don't get dirty. The hatches can handle traffic and people standing on them. I also ordered a bow mount foot control minn kota trolling motor. So I think I have covered all the major parts now. So just need to start to get them into the boat. Here are a picture of the deck hatches, I think they will look great and much easier than trying to fab doors. And the folks at great lake skipper had the hatches listed for 47.99 which was a great price to begin with and when I called she told me they had them on ebay for 39.99 and no one had bid on them yet so she gave them to me for 39.99, so 80 bucks for for the two and I could hardle find one at that price.

Attachments

• DeckHatch.jpg
    DeckHatch.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 3,271
New to site :D , will post my story at a later day but....I have done allot of searching for a used boat and for a few extra bucks decided to buy a new one for my mod. For the price I have decided on the 1542 also. Mainly because its 42 wide, 36 just looked to narrow for me. Curious why you choose yours?. Would like to move the center console- don"t need a livewell.

Ok, well finally got started on the front deck. The deck weighed in right at 25ish pounds and with the supports I would say that I added about 15 pounds. But it won't rot and is strong. I added the hole for the premade deck hatches, which should be here thursday and we went flush with the middle bench which left a small step up, about 2 inches, which I am going to put the plug for my trolling motor. Going to try to get started on the rear deck, trolling motor mount, and middle floor on Friday. I will be added foam under the deck in the space up front and between the two compartments. I will also be adding foam under the middle floor and a little foam in some small spaces in the rear deck. Now just gotta get some carpet, thinking about going with indoor/outdoor carpet over marine carpet because the id/od is plastic and will last longer. I don't saltwater fish so I don't have to worry about saltwater breaking it down.

Attachments

• deckframe4.jpg
    deckframe4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,477
  • deckframe2.jpg
    deckframe2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,477
  • deckframe1.jpg
    deckframe1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,477
  • deckframe.jpg
    deckframe.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,477
  • deck1.jpg
    deck1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,477
  • deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,477
I'm thinking of buying this same boat but I have a question, how is the livewell in it, could it hold atleast 3 bass?

fishbowl807 said:
I'm thinking of buying this same boat but I have a question, how is the livewell in it, could it hold atleast 3 bass?

You could hold a couple of good sized bass in it I guess. It is pretty small though. Not big enough for tournament fishing IMHO and there is no pump or aeration. Probably better for holding live bait if you get a small aerator. All that being said, it is a good boat for the money.

Yeah I want to use it for tournament fishing but my club only keeps 3 bass for weigh-in. I could alway put a system in it if it's big enough. Thanks.

I would agree with baitcaster, you could use it to hold the bass but they wouldnt be real happy. I had shinners in mine this weekend at the lake and none died so seemed to work ok.

Thanks for the pics, looking to do mine similar, thinking of running front deck about a foot shorter in length to leave space between deck and center seat/livewell. No drop in compartments but a open face for under neath storage

I drilled out the rivets and haven't decided which way to reinstall the livewell. Right now the livewell has stainless steel self tappings screws in it but I might just rerivet it. I had thought about leaving a space between the bench and the deck but there really wasn't enough room for a comfortable size deck beacuse that would make it about 2 1/2 feet shorter if you leave the space. I got the deck hatches on today and really like them and I can get to all of the space under the deck. I will post a picture with the deck hatches, now I am trying to figure out which type of carpet (indoor/outdoor or marine carpet). Can't decide. Any thoughts??

Here is a pic of mine. I kept it pretty simple.

Iphone104.jpg

Iphone105.jpg

Wow I really like this one, great job, How did you build your deck you got and how did you build what the trolling motor is on?

Yea, I see what you mean about the deck space. Maybe I can do a removable insert deck top. Cant wait to see the deck hatches! From the pics it looks like at first the aluminum deck extended over the livewell and on top of the center seat. Final pic shows it butt's up to it and not extended on top of. Why the change?

The pictures with the carpet aren't mine. Mb the boat looks good. I do have mine over the center seat for more support. I got my carpet sunday and will try to get it on tomorrow. I got about the same color carpet as mb's tracker. I am currently trying to figure out how to make the mount for my trolling motor. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Latest posts